Texture

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mario52
Veteran

Re: Texture

Post by mario52 »

hi
cblt2l wrote:I have some pictures that I have been wanting to try 3d printing. Thanks for posting that! :D
Thanks for the back , keep me informed on your 3D printing, (a picture of the result will be appreciated)

Yorik have you had the opportunity to make your nanologo ? the parameters are Streching XYZ 0.0000001 (the file is 2.4 mg, too big for the forum)
mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi
The smaller picture of the world width 6.5 nanometer.
image converted into points (6175) 65px x 95px the file does 26.63 MB (27922034 bytes)
Texture_Nano_Photo
Texture_Nano_Photo
Texture_Nano_Photo.png (185.34 KiB) Viewed 5670 times
mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi
Topography from a drawing or each level is represented with a degrees of different color.
Texture_Topographie
Texture_Topographie
Texture_Topographie.png (79.71 KiB) Viewed 5611 times
mario
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Image converted to ascii characters

(not yet implemented)
mario
Kzy_Karl

Post by Kzy_Karl »

I am attempting to use your FCTexture macro. After selecting my bitmap, the tool keeps returning the following:

File: 24:bits 0:data (100x77)

Nothing is actually generated. Any suggestions?
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi welcome to forum
you most use BMP 8 bits or 32 bits and not 24 bits (your image 24 Bits 100px X 77px)
you convert your image to 8 bits or 32 bits

see here for explanation Macro_FCTexture
mario
Dr_Froggy_rD

Post by Dr_Froggy_rD »

Dear All, dear Mario52,

First:
I tried your macro on FreeCAD version 0.15 - it was only successful for me when I was choosing "Wire".

I was hoping to find an easy way to convert the Dwire obtained with your macro into a mesh surface which I can then easily close into a 3 D object.
And Print it. I saw that some web applications allow you to do so (and then you can ask someone to print it for you).
But your macro do not enable this. At least if it does I was not able to achieve this.

I was only able to get a Dwire.

Moreover. Maybe you can add in you GUI and Macro an option to

A) only calculate one DWire over x numbers of DWire (will diminish the calculation time). as an example, only "scan" the image one pixel line every 10 pixels --> a big advantage for a "big/heavy detailled image". Add a resolution option--> factor 1 will be the normal then a factor 0.1 --> 1 line every 10 pixels.

B) make iterative/repetitive calculation --> Sothat man can observe the results over the time-
the macro will load first every line every 10 lines then the second lines every ten line
(pixel line 1 ---> next pixel line 11 ------> final pixel line xx1, show the DWires corresponding to line pixel1 to pixel xx1
then go back pixel line 5 --> next pixel line 15-------> final pixel line xx5., show the DWires corresponding to line pixel 5 to pixel xx5
then go back pixel line 9 --> next pixel line 19-------> final pixel line xx9., show the DWires corresponding to line pixel 9 to pixel xx9
... and so on)
--> calculate an acceptable time for a first viewing (every 30 sec. viewing actualised : so a dividing factor for the resolution iteration method must be correlated/extrapolated with the actualisation procedure)

C) add a stop button and a kill task button once you have executed the macros that will allow to stop the calculation but still have a result OR kill the calculation without displaying any calculated results.

Iterative/repetitive scanning allows for example when using a FTIR Spectrophotometer to see early results and observe the evolution of spectral changes of the signal over a defined acquisition time.
This is very practical.

Those implementations will be very nice.

Best Regards

Froggy

EDIT: A video tutorial showing how to get a 3D printable part starting from this tool will be extremely great.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi Dr_Froggy_rD

thank you for your interest for my macro
it is true that there is still much work to ameliorate
I'll make a little gif video example for create one solid with the wires

mario
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi
i make one litle "video" example

The original file
FCTexture_Example_8Bits.bmp.zip
(2.92 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
this file is FALSE ZIP you must delete the ".zip" for use it, the file is .bmp format and 8 bits B/W

1: Create loft with the Image tools

2: Select all and extrude with the tools Image

3A: For Linux Download GMSHMesh (author psicofil) Macro_GMSH

3B: For Windows Download GmshMesh2.zip unzip the file and install it in your Mod directory (author ulrich1a)

4: Create your Mesh file and use it

EDIT:13/02/2016 14:28 (Paris) adding the original image (false zip , delete the .zip for use)

good fun
mario
Last edited by mario52 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Hi
one little macro for automate the loft between the lines Macro_FCCreaLoft

mario