Raising or lowering pads/models in Part WB?

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ericb3

Raising or lowering pads/models in Part WB?

Post by ericb3 »

I have imported the projects I need together into the Part WB from Part Design. My issue is that when I imported the project, the pad appears to be sunk into the original pad in the project I imported it to. So for example, one pad (the lower one) is 1/2 inch thick, and the one that is supposed to be on top of it is 1 inch thick. Therefore, I should have a 1 1/2 inch thick model. Instead, the top pad is resting on the same level as the lower one, resulting in the top one showing as only 1/2 inch thick also and the entire model being only 1 inch thick. I need the top pad to rest on the top of the lower one, not within it. Any way to select and raise the top one or lower the bottom one?

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.15.4671 (Git)
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-15
Hash: 244b3aef360841646cbfe80a1b225c8b39c8380c
Python version: 2.7.9
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17
bejant
Veteran

Re: Raising or lowering pads/models in Part WB?

Post by bejant »

ericb3 wrote:Any way to select and raise the top one or lower the bottom one?
In the hierarchy tree select the item you'd like to move, then from the Data tab change the Placement property to move the object. You can open a dialogue window by clicking in the Placement field so that a button appears:

Click the button to open the dialogue window. If you tick "Apply incremental changes ..." to True, the item will move in the 3D window as you change the (probably Z axis) value.