F1 acting funky

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: F1 acting funky

Post by sgrogan »

Kunda1 wrote:Any resolution in regards to issue #0002271 ?
This is fixed in both the "freecad" and "freecad-daily" package, but the Debian folder hasn't been merged into FreeCAD master.
Would it be acceptable to just replace the Debian folder in the FreeCAD sources? Some history will be lost, the changes between the PPA Debian crosses the bazaar/git workflow. Some of the changes come from the Debian in Ubuntu universe (that come from Debian universe) others from NormandC.
"fight the good fight"
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

sgrogan wrote:Would it be acceptable to just replace the Debian folder in the FreeCAD sources?
I think nobody touched this folder for ages, it should be safe to do it... Not sure what debian people do, but I believe they have hteir own, with their own changelog.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

yorik wrote:I think nobody touched this folder for ages, it should be safe to do it... Not sure what debian people do, but I believe they have hteir own, with their own changelog.
Thanks yorik. The official Ubuntu Debian folder comes from the official Debian Debian folder and then we have diverged from that. I will prepare a pull request with a clean changelog. I think we should be able to make the Debian work for both Ubuntu and Debian.
"fight the good fight"