Select one of two coincident lines

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
babyrisa

Re: Select one of two coincident lines

Post by babyrisa »

godblessfq wrote:You can use the box selection tool (shift+B) to select the lines, and they will get highlighted in the elements list, it may help you find the lines if you have many elements.
Maybe the element list should use different symbols for construction and external features from other sketch features. However, the best solution might be a pop up list showing all elements nearby, which saves you from scrolling in the elements list.
dear all

I have another question.
(shift+B) can to select the lines/edge....

Are there any function that deselect selected objects?(use (shift+B) select object)
[Cancel objects selected by my own choice]

My english is poor .Please inclusive.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

godblessfq wrote:Maybe the element list should use different symbols for construction and external features from other sketch features
If you go to the bottom of the Sketcher Elements window and tick the "Extended Naming" check-box to On, Links To External Geometry will also be labeled as "(ExternalEdge1)", "(ExternalEdge2)", etc.:
20151125a-Elements.png
20151125a-Elements.png (32.48 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
babyrisa wrote:Are there any function that deselect selected objects?
In Sketcher, after you have selected a geometry item, clicking on it again in the 3D window will deselect it.
babyrisa

Post by babyrisa »

babyrisa wrote:Are there any function that deselect selected objects?
In Sketcher, after you have selected a geometry item, clicking on it again in the 3D window will deselect it.[/quote]

But I drawing in draft not in Sketcher.

I know combo view can to cancel .
Are there other approaches to do?
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

Hey! New trick:
When viewing the sketch upside down, you get 50/50 (or so) chance of selecting the right line. Note that from below, you won't see the line turn green once you got it selected, because that line gets slightly moved away from camera (typically towards camera, but we are looking upside down ;) )