[SOLVED]Icons not found

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
BuckyBall

Re: [SOLVED]Icons not found

Post by BuckyBall »

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.16.6706 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-16
Hash: f86a4e411ff7848dea98d7242f43b7774bee8fa0
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17

I've also had the Icons Not Found issue after customizing a ToolBar. With a search, I found this Topic, and also this one (viewtopic.php?t=8179) which seem to address the issue. Is there currently a better solution to this issue than either editing the Python script, creating a Macro (neither of which I know how to do yet), or manually opening the relevant WorkBenches prior to opening the WB with my customized ToolBar?

After customizing my ToolBar:
Customized.JPG
Customized.JPG (42.29 KiB) Viewed 603 times

After reopening FreeCad:
IconX.JPG
IconX.JPG (22.78 KiB) Viewed 603 times
If I have Part WB as my autoload on Start, then if I go to Arch or OpenSCAD afterwards, the icons are X there as well.

Since Parameter Editor was mentioned as a solution, here is what it currently looks like.
ParameterEditor.JPG
ParameterEditor.JPG (64.02 KiB) Viewed 603 times
I tried changing from "ArchCommands" to "ArchTools", clicking "save to disk", and reopening FC, and it just changed it back. Then I tried changing to just "Arch", which seemed to work for the Survey icon, but if I do the same to "OpenSCAD", it deletes the Refine icon from the custom toolbar altogether.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

BuckyBall wrote:Is there currently a better solution to this issue than either editing the Python script, creating a Macro (neither of which I know how to do yet), or manually opening the relevant WorkBenches prior to opening the WB with my customized ToolBar?
You could install TabBar module and after select corresponding workbenches under Autoload tab:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 20#p113369

P.S. Note that sooner or later i will move Autoload functionality to a standalone module.
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

The problem is that the py files where the commands are defined do not load the necessary resource files. This can be fixed by locating the files, and adding "import somethingsonething_rc.py" lines. I have myself added an openscad refine button to Part workbench, and it shows up as a missing icon.