Render drawings

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
überfuzz

Render drawings

Post by überfuzz »

I have a 3D model that I'd like to export, or whatever it's called, into a drawing. I found some documentation regarding this topic, but I couldn't get any decent results. Anyone that can suggest an users guide or tutorial somewhere?
triplus
Veteran

Re: Render drawings

Post by triplus »

überfuzz wrote:I have a 3D model that I'd like to export, or whatever it's called, into a drawing. I found some documentation regarding this topic, but I couldn't get any decent results. Anyone that can suggest an users guide or tutorial somewhere?
Start here:

http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... g_tutorial

And after you complete the tutorial for adding dimensions with ease you can try out:

https://github.com/hamish2014/FreeCAD_d ... mensioning
überfuzz

Post by überfuzz »

Thanks for pitching in! I found a plug-in that does, more or less exactly what I want. I thought these features were nature in FreeCAD. :-)
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

überfuzz wrote:Thanks for pitching in!
You're welcome.
I found a plug-in that does, more or less exactly what I want. I thought these features were nature in FreeCAD. :-)
Current trend is development of a lot of new FreeCAD features is happening in 3rd Party Modules. We are still addressing this by providing better options for finding/installing the modules as this is still FreeCAD. And some of the FreeCAD modules are developed in separate development branches. One example is new Drawing workbench. You will soon be able to test it out in development release of FreeCAD (0.17) and adding dimensions will be supported.