Bunch of issues/questions

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Bunch of issues/questions

Post by NormandC »

He's just changing the rotation axis of the PartDesign body manually by scrolling his mouse wheel over the input field.
efyx

Post by efyx »

Yes but looks like "folder" is controlling both arms (parts) in it. So by making structure of folders some kind of kinetics can be achieved, but this doesn't explain how he put axis of rotation in the between objects.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

It's not a group(folder), it's a Part container. He's using 0.17, as his video title infers. Read the pinned 0.17dev topic for more information.
efyx

Post by efyx »

10) how to:
constrain point.png
constrain point.png (23.66 KiB) Viewed 1429 times
11) looks like bug, during rotation of part
rotation bug.png
rotation bug.png (9.98 KiB) Viewed 1429 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Combine the arc from two segments (same center, same radius) or use a construction arc with an angle of 45°.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

chrisb wrote:Combine the arc from two segments (same center, same radius) or use a construction arc with an angle of 45°.
Considering the position of the arrow, I think efyx meant the quadrant of the arc. If that's the case, all that is needed is to apply a point on object constraint between the point and the horizontal sketch axis.
efyx wrote:11) looks like bug, during rotation of part
I get that bug sometimes, but very rarely and it's difficult to reproduce.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

NormandC wrote: Considering the position of the arrow, I think efyx meant the quadrant of the arc. If that's the case, all that is needed is to apply a point on object constraint between the point and the horizontal sketch axis.
I see! I thought it should be on the first quarter of the half circle, i.e. 1/8 instead of 1/4.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
efyx

Post by efyx »

12) Can you provide 3d sketch? Why? It is really usefull when creating steel constructions, pipelines, lofts etc.. I know that I can draftwire something nearly 3d sketch, but is really hard to draw that, at least should be provided "blocking 3rd dimension" (I don't know how to call that correctly), it means while 3dsketch when you push for example "tab" button it switched between xy,xz,yz plane and this not breaking the line chain.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

efyx wrote:12) Can you provide 3d sketch? Why? It is really usefull when creating steel constructions, pipelines, lofts etc.. I know that I can draftwire something nearly 3d sketch, but is really hard to draw that, at least should be provided "blocking 3rd dimension" (I don't know how to call that correctly), it means while 3dsketch when you push for example "tab" button it switched between xy,xz,yz plane and this not breaking the line chain.
We recently had a similar question: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17429
efyx

Post by efyx »

chrisb wrote:We recently had a similar question
I don't think that this is the same look: https://youtu.be/HO-yg6sC5t4?t=3m59s
here is whole tutorial (unfortunatelly very slow) about 3d sketch in SW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChhM7JJ_GIY

This is very needed for wiring, piping, steel structures etc..