Misc Translation Errors

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
dgm5555

Misc Translation Errors

Post by dgm5555 »

I've noted a few apparent errors when manipulating the attached file. I wonder if anyone can shed light on them.
I'm using the latest build 0.12 (I rebuild it daily), but the errors have all been present for some time (months) since I noticed them.
Tx David

1. Rotation
Expand the TowerL group, and select all the objects under it.
Select Front View
Select Menu: Drafting/Rotate
Rotate: Centre X:0, Y:0, Z:0
Base Angle: 0
Rotation: 45
Most of the objects seem to rotate 315deg, but on object rotates 90 / 270 deg. None of this behaviour seems correct, but most problematic of all it is not consistent, so you can't even alter the variable to get the desired result.

2. Rotating view.
Select the floor (not essential, but makes the problem easier to spot)
Use the mouse to rotate the view (middle+left buttons) while watching the line the floor makes against the other objects. The level of the floor drawn against the window moves up as the view approaches perpendicular, and at some point it gets over the top of the SmallBlock in the back
Bizarrely the more objects are present (not necessarily visible) the worse the error seems to be - as I deleted objects to get the file small enough to upload it seemed to improve.

3. Translation
Expand the TowerL group, and select all the objects under it.
Select Front View
Select Menu: Drafting/Move
Point: X:0, Y:0, Z:0 [BTW would be helpful if the modifying variables were a bit more clearly named eg Move: Initial Point... End Point
Point: X:10, Y:0, Z:0
Again the back sheet moves differently to the other pieces, and I'm not sure why.
Attachments
test_errors.fcstd
(358.68 KiB) Downloaded 72 times