[Solved] Issue Create Mirrored Feature

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
slackersubgenius

[Solved] Issue Create Mirrored Feature

Post by slackersubgenius »

FreeCAD verion .16

2016/05/22 04:41:04

lmde 2 betsy

64bit

Paste to clipboard did nothing and this is all that is displayed in "About FreeCAD"

I'm following the basic part design tutorial, part 2 kinda, "features with pocket and external geometry"

Made first pocket but when doing the second pocket, using "Create a mirrored feature" and switching the box in combo view to horizontal sketch axis made a long grey box thing, the image will show it clearer than I can describe. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to add screenshot or the part itself so I included both.

Also, when that failed I attempted to manualy create the second pocket by repeating the steps to make the first pocket but litteraly nothing happened accept there was an outline where a pocket should have been but no "hole" or "pocket".

Not sure what other details would be helpful, im a brand new noob to this so im not sure what more to say or ask, thank you.
Attachments
BasicPartDesignTutorial1.fcstd
(14.35 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
pocket.png
pocket.png (280.15 KiB) Viewed 905 times
Last edited by slackersubgenius on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bejant
Veteran

Re: Issue Create Mirrored Feature

Post by bejant »

Hi slacker, and welcome here!
slackersubgenius wrote:I'm following the basic part design tutorial, part 2 kinda,
Your problem happens because you made the first Pad of the type "length", when it should have been "Two Lengths".

To fix the model uploaded to your post:
Select Pad in the history tree and from the Data Tab (at the bottom of the Property View in your screen grab) change the Property > Type from Length to Two Lengths. Change Property > Length from 53 mm to 26.5 mm, and change Length 2 from the default 100 mm to 26.5 mm.

That's it!
slackersubgenius

Post by slackersubgenius »

That fixed it, didn't even have to redo the mirroring step it just appeared on the poroper side.

Thank you very much!

p.s. is there a way to mark this solved or is that not a thing here?
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

You're welcome!

You could change the title to read "Solved" at the beginning of the title...
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

slackersubgenius wrote:That fixed it, didn't even have to redo the mirroring step it just appeared on the poroper side.

Thank you very much!

p.s. is there a way to mark this solved or is that not a thing here?
Usually it is marked in square brackets at the beginning: [Solved] Issue Create Mirrored Feature
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.