Bug in Sketcher (?): Geometry dissapearing

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Ludwig von Eichen

Bug in Sketcher (?): Geometry dissapearing

Post by Ludwig von Eichen »

Hello to all !
I believe I found a bug:
1. Open FreeCad
2. Open PartDesign
3. Make a cube
4. Select a face
5. Draw circle fixed at the origin
6. Radius Constraint ! :
- Delete previous radius value & introduce new radius value
- Bingo ! Circle disappears.
This happens only when I delete previous radius value (backspace or del or even type over when value is selected ). If I edit the radius everything works fine. No error message pops up however.
I have FreeCad v0.16.6706 (up to date it says).
Check text file for python console log.
FreeCad-Python Console.txt
(5.41 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Thank you for your attention ! :)
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Re: Bug in Sketcher (?): Geometry dissapearing

Post by DeepSOIC »

Console log (thanks for attaching, very useful!) in the last line tells you've somehow made the radius extremely large. So the circle effectively disappeared (it should be still there, try zooming out to see it).

What locale settings do you have in OS (decimal separator, group separator)?

There's a discussion on the common problem of quantities being order of magnitude off. May be related. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18833
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

DeepSOIC wrote: What locale settings do you have in OS (decimal separator, group separator)?

There's a discussion on the common problem of quantities being order of magnitude off. May be related. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18833
Is there a possibility to include the locale in the FreeCAD-info? That might be helpful in finding some of the bugs seeing that there is some correlation.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Ludwig von Eichen

Post by Ludwig von Eichen »

DeepSOIC wrote:Console log (thanks for attaching, very useful!) in the last line tells you've somehow made the radius extremely large. So the circle effectively disappeared (it should be still there, try zooming out to see it).

What locale settings do you have in OS (decimal separator, group separator)?

Thanks for the quick reply ! I found out something new. It only does this when I use decimal point. Comma works as it should. Maybe that was the issue. (KiCAD for example allows use of both comma and decimal point)
I have Windows 7 x64 Service Pack 1. I do not know what's with the locale settings you mentioned.

I found yet another bug: When I tried to perform the Boolean cut of the cylinder and the other cut (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmrfB47xrFE) the , let's call it box, disappeared. I don't have the console log for that unfortunately.
Yet there is another issue : I tired to repeat the process (after restarting FreeCad) & this time I the first cut disappears after I Boolean cut the two cubes. I do get an error message though : Cannot compute Inventor representation for the shape of Cut. It says. And no the cubes did not scale , they are gone.
Console log:
FreeCad-Python Console2.txt
(3.1 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

Thank you once again !
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

Ludwig von Eichen wrote:I found yet another bug: When I tried to perform the Boolean cut of the cylinder and the other cut (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmrfB47xrFE) the , let's call it box, disappeared. I don't have the console log for that unfortunately. Yet there is another issue : I tired to repeat the process (after restarting FreeCad) & this time I the first cut disappears after I Boolean cut the two cubes. I do get an error message though : Cannot compute Inventor representation for the shape of Cut.
This means fusion failed. Please create another thread about this.