Title Block edit in Drawing Dimensioning WB

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Title Block edit in Drawing Dimensioning WB

Post by wandererfan »

NormandC wrote:If you are using the stable PPA, you haven't updated in quite a while!
Guilty. Spending all my time in 0.17.
BrianEV

Post by BrianEV »

My problem seems to be resolved, thank you all. Is there something I should do to close the thread?

Not quite on topic, but I'd like to annotate my drawing with notes. Does that capability exist? Documented? I see a "Insert Annotation View"button on the Drawing Dimensioning WB, but haven't found how to use it.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Hello Brian,
BrianEV wrote:Is there something I should do to close the thread?
It is not a custom here, but if you want you can edit your first message in this topic, and add [Solved] at the start of the Subject line.
BrianEV wrote:I see a "Insert Annotation View"button on the Drawing Dimensioning WB, but haven't found how to use it.
It creates an empty Annotation object nested under the Page in the Model tree. You need to edit its properties under the Data tab to add text and change its font, location on the page etc.
BrianEV

Post by BrianEV »

NormandC wrote:Hello Brian,
BrianEV wrote:Is there something I should do to close the thread?
It is not a custom here, but if you want you can edit your first message in this topic, and add [Solved] at the start of the Subject line.
BrianEV wrote:I see a "Insert Annotation View"button on the Drawing Dimensioning WB, but haven't found how to use it.
It creates an empty Annotation object nested under the Page in the Model tree. You need to edit its properties under the Data tab to add text and change its font, location on the page etc.
I added text, left font as 'Sans', set position as 100,100, left text colour alone (Black), but I see nothing on the drawing.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Can you share the file? You could strip it from any solid geometry and only post a file with the page and invisible annotation.
BrianEV

Post by BrianEV »

NormandC wrote:Can you share the file? You could strip it from any solid geometry and only post a file with the page and invisible annotation.
I'm sorry, but I don't know how to do that.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

What part?

To attach a file, you just have to click on the "Attachments" tab underneath the text input window when posting a reply. You will see an "Add files" button, click it and locate your FreeCAD document.
NormandC wrote:strip it from any solid geometry
That's just if you cannot share your data for privacy reasons, or if the FreeCAD document is too big to attach (there's a 1MB limit). You only have to select all the geometry objects in the Model tree (but keep the Page), and hit DEL on your keyboard to delete. Of course if your Drawing page has any views in it, it will produce an error as the objects they were linked to will be gone.

But careful to save this as alternate document so you don't lose your work.
BrianEV

Post by BrianEV »

NormandC wrote:What part?

To attach a file, you just have to click on the "Attachments" tab underneath the text input window when posting a reply. You will see an "Add files" button, click it and locate your FreeCAD document.
NormandC wrote:strip it from any solid geometry
That's just if you cannot share your data for privacy reasons, or if the FreeCAD document is too big to attach (there's a 1MB limit). You only have to select all the geometry objects in the Model tree (but keep the Page), and hit DEL on your keyboard to delete. Of course if your Drawing page has any views in it, it will produce an error as the objects they were linked to will be gone.

But careful to save this as alternate document so you don't lose your work.
There is nothing proprietary in my file, so it is attached. I have tried to make multiple pages and add info to them. One issue seems to be that regardless of which page I am viewing (for example, Page 002), the original page (Pedestal Side) is treated as active, so new views are displayed on it. I still have not managed to have an annotation view show up on any page.

The gitbook, FreeCAD manual, seems helpful and I am consulting this to learn more.
Attachments
Pedestal.fcstd
(52.1 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
totesalaz

Post by totesalaz »

Hello all,

In order to make refresh the information, I had to close the drawing sheet and open it again.

I hope it helps!