DXF Export

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
nailhgoreokm

DXF Export

Post by nailhgoreokm »

I'm trying to export a dxf file, which I am able to do, but the resolution is 'low'. I have read that it is possible to increase the resolution in the settings (preferences); however, when I navigate to the Import-Export option of the preferences window, DXF is not one of my export options - even though I am able to export a dxf file. (I have attached a file containing a screen capture of my Import-Rxport options window) My FreeCAD version and OS parameters are below. The first time I tried to export a dxf file, I followed the instructions to allow FreeCAD to load the necessary files to enable dxf export. This seemed to work seamlessly and allowed me to export a dxf file. Any help on how to get the DXF options window to appear is appreciated.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.16.6706 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-16
Hash: f86a4e411ff7848dea98d7242f43b7774bee8fa0
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17
Attachments
Import-Export Screen Capture.png
Import-Export Screen Capture.png (86.12 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
Willem
Veteran

Re: DXF Export

Post by Willem »

when you want to enter the DXF import and export settings in the preferences you have to be in the DRAFT workbench. When the part workbench or the partdesign workbench is selected than are the DXF preferences not visible
yorik
Founder

Re: DXF Export

Post by yorik »

Indeed, starting form 0.17 the DXF preferences page will appear regardless if you loaded Draft or not. But in 0.16 you still need to first load the Draft workbench once to have Draft-related preferences pages to appear...