[SOLVED]Sketch Different in in and out of edit mode

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Jeanmimi0168

Re: [BACK]Sketch Different in in and out of edit mode

Post by Jeanmimi0168 »

NormandC wrote:
NormandC wrote:Also, what's the purpose of that lone point at upper right?
This point causes the error because of issue #3009 which was recently introduced by the B-spline knots code. abdullah has already proposed a fix, it should be merged to the master branch in the next day or so, or maybe later since this is the Easter weekend.

Hopefully the next freecad-daily update will have the fix.
Oh yeah! removing this point suppressed the error!

Thanks! I'll check if this bug disappeared at next freecad-daily update!

Very Helpful!
Jeanmimi0168

Post by Jeanmimi0168 »

hello,

With last Daily build, I still have the sketch in error if there is a point inside it.
test.fcstd
(3.94 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Open the file, sketch is not in error.
Move the point inside the sketch, by dragging it, for example, close the sketch and then it shows an error.

Is this the same problem that 003009 bug in Part design (conic stuff)?

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.10885 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: master
Hash: ad112ca8ab7fa0b9524dfa682f6b82048345c0ef
Python version: 2.7.12
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0

Thanks!
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Jeanmimi0168 wrote:Is this the same problem that 003009 bug in Part design (conic stuff)?
Yes. It was fixed in the master code, and the current daily build should have included the fix: in the FreeCAD info, the hash field corresponds to the commit the package is based on. Take the first 7 digits and compare it to the list of commits on the Github repository:

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/commits/master

The last comment in issue #3009 defines the bug fix as commit 4c3ffb57. You can see that it is older (lower in the list) than the commit your current freecad-daily version is supposedly based on (ad112ca).

I also confirm that the bug is still in the daily package. To investigate further, I compiled FreeCAD from master based on git commit 67fc70d which is the latest one at this time, and the bug is no longer there. Since commit 67fc70d is just the second one after ad112ca, and since the last two aren't even about the Sketcher, the only logical explanation is that the current daily package is not really based on ad112ca, but on an older commit. (Since I used to manage the PPA and know how it's built, I know it is a possibility)

I suggest just waiting for the next update, then I'm pretty sure the bug will no longer appear.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Alternatively, if you don't want to wait, you can revert to an older daily build prior to the addition of the Sketcher B-spline knots code.

Simply uninstall the freecad-daily package (don't worry, your preferences and added external workbenches won't be deleted, they are kept in a hidden .FreeCAD folder in your Home folder).

Then, open your file manager and navigate to /var/cache/apt/archives. In there you will find copies of all the deb packages recently installed or updated. Locate the package freecad-daily_0.17~alpha1+git201704071722~ubuntu16.04.1_amd64.deb and double-click on it, this will open the Ubuntu software store, click on Install.

Now the Update Manager will try to update freecad-daily with the latest version which has the bug, just remember not to install it.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

NormandC wrote:I suggest just waiting for the next update, then I'm pretty sure the bug will no longer appear.
Building now. If the PPA Uploaders is not careful the Source repo and version files can get out of sync ;)
Sorry for the inconvenience :oops:
"fight the good fight"
Jeanmimi0168

Post by Jeanmimi0168 »

NormandC wrote: Now the Update Manager will try to update freecad-daily with the latest version which has the bug, just remember not to install it.
Hello,

Thanks, I'm not in a hurry, I'm happy with knowing what went wrong and as long as this appears I do not use point in sketches ;-)
Jeanmimi0168

Post by Jeanmimi0168 »

sgrogan wrote:
NormandC wrote:I suggest just waiting for the next update, then I'm pretty sure the bug will no longer appear.
Building now. If the PPA Uploaders is not careful the Source repo and version files can get out of sync ;)
Sorry for the inconvenience :oops:
No problem, You're doing a great (seriously) job with this piece of software!
Jeanmimi0168

Post by Jeanmimi0168 »

Bug is no longer there, thanks!

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.10893 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: master
Hash: a75a98ef279e9e067abf5cef3a6de6f09fba2c94
Python version: 2.7.12
Qt version: 4.8.7