0.17 sketch lines turn blue when on top of construction lines.

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
rjpeek

0.17 sketch lines turn blue when on top of construction lines.

Post by rjpeek »

The first image is a screen shot of an active FreeCAD where visually it's hard to tell sketch lines (white ones) laid on top of blue construction lines. The second image is created through FreeCADs "Save Picture" located under Tools. What setting can I change to show sketch lines on the top layer and blue construction on the bottom or back layer? May be this is a bug!!!
construction lines test 1.png
construction lines test 1.png (154.94 KiB) Viewed 2645 times
construction lines test 1.jpg
construction lines test 1.jpg (39.09 KiB) Viewed 2645 times
construction lines test 1.fcstd
(5.74 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.10807 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: master
Hash: b32e9806e1b075c745c0c9692e81aea1dcab81e4
Python version: 2.7.12
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0
NormandC
Veteran

Re: 0.17 sketch lines turn blue when on top of construction lines.

Post by NormandC »

This has long been an issue, and it's why I recommend to try very hard not to overlap regular geometry on top of construction geometry. Most of the time I find it's unneeded.

Besides I don't understand the purpose of having a "regular" circle on top of a construction circle...
rjpeek wrote:What setting can I change to show sketch lines on the top layer and blue construction on the bottom or back layer?
As far as I know it's not possible.
rjpeek

Re: 0.17 sketch lines turn blue when on top of construction lines.

Post by rjpeek »

The way that I've been using Sketcher is to layout geometry of an object that I'm trying to re-engineer. After I know the geometry then I can CAD it in FreeCAD. Ideally I wish there was a tool similar to Sketcher with many of the same bells and whistles (constraints, dimensions, etc...) that would produce a flat drawing (2D) that could easily be printed out in black and white. As an example I have three physical radio control car parts, left and right gear casings and a thin metal plate that's positioned between them. Some of the geometry is the same like the outside edge while the inside guts are different. Some times to get geometry on the right casing I have to refer to the left casing or the metal plate. I've tried Draft but don't find it useful or I'm not understanding how to use it in this situation.