Edge selection in Gui model window doesn't work anymore

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wmayer
Founder

Re: Edge selection in Gui model window doesn't work anymore

Post by wmayer »

I don't have that problem either (debian 64bit)... I can change languages and highligh works fine...
But make sure to quit and restart FreeCAD when switching the language because otherwise you won't see the problem. At least this was needed on my machine.
I think it depends on the OpenGL implementation (again ).
Also if I use the proprietary NVidia driver on Linux?
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

The plot thickens.

I'm using Nvidia proprietary drivers 195.36.24.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

This problem is becoming strange more and more. Yesterday I retried it but wasn't able to reproduce this behaviour again. Suddenly, changing the language and restarting FreeCAD hadn't any effect.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

On my end, the problem still persists in r4139 from trunk with a package built with debuild (no pbuilder involved).

And I copied it to install it on my laptop also running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64-bit. It's equiped with an Intel GMA 4500MHD chipset, and it has the same bug. So I guess it is not related to the graphics driver (my desktop has a Nvidia GeForce 9800GT with proprietary Nvidia 195.36.24 drivers).

I'm wondering if a "regular" compile (not debuild) would have the same bug. I'll try to test this tonight (in a few hours).
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

FYI I just compiled r4164 with the following commands:

Code: Select all

./autogen.sh
./configure
make
make install
I still have the selection bug. So it is not related to the debuild command. Don't have time to do any other test tonight. Can anyone on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS check if they have the same problem ?????

It's easy and takes less than 60 seconds, choose any other language than English and German and restart FreeCAD, create a cube, start the fillet or chamfer command and select an edge...

@ Werner what is your test machine again? A virtual machine? Is it fully updated? I believe my version should be 10.04.2 now (it's been released last week I think)
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Sorry, now I really understand the issue. I always thought it's a problem that the highlighting & selection doesn't work. But no, the issue is that the items in the fillet or chamfer dialog doesn't get marked when picking an edge or the other way round. Yes, I can confirm this on all environments. It's actually quite easy because it doesn't work if the word Edge is translated. Stupid bug I'll fix it ASAP. :oops:
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Fixed now.
jriegel
Founder

Post by jriegel »

Thats funny.
We are triggered so to the OpenGL problems that everything seams to be it! :)
Stop whining - start coding!
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Yes! Thanks Werner! LOL, so much discussion for so simple a thing to fix. :D I guess this shows that written communication is not easy, considering we are both using a second language. That will teach me to be more precise and detailed in my explanations in the future. I was thinking last night of making a video of the problem, might be a good idea next time.