Would Like Help with Fillet

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
clintonsam75

Re: Would Like Help with Fillet

Post by clintonsam75 »

jmaustpc wrote:the profile should not go all the way to the centre and the helical path should be inside the profile...so that you don't get self intersections.
aha! Now that makes sense. :lol:
jmaustpc wrote:but in this specific file, your problems are actually coming from the fact that you have modelled the auger wrong
Yea, I know. I'm such a noob. :cry: :) :D
jmaustpc wrote:I doubt you would find this though, without having extended BOP checks enabled. ........ Yeah, you have to enable it via the tools menu ...parameter editor.
jmaustpc wrote:I can't remember now for sure if that parameter is there but set to "false" by default or not there at all....if it is not there then you have to add it, do so by right clicking in the windows. On the left add the sub group (only if it is not already there) exactly as you see in the image in my post linked to above.... then in the right window right click and add a Boolean type and set it to "true".
It was already there but set to false. I changed it to true as instructed.

I think I understand everything now. Thank you so much, Jim!

Time for a break from the computer. :mrgreen:
jmh

Post by jmh »

Was there but set to false in my setup and I certainly never added it (never knew about it). Is there a reason we might not want to set to true always?

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.15.4204 (Git)
Branch: master
Hash: d354e21ce532b7d285ca0417810efd383e92f299
Python version: 2.7.6
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.7.1
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

BOPChecks can slow down analysis of a shape, the more so if it's complex. It can freeze FreeCAD for a few minutes.

Also, although useful some of the errors it reports may be misleading. Which I believe is why it's not enabled by default.