Printing Drawings

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
crofti67

Printing Drawings

Post by crofti67 »

Word size: 32-bit
Version: 0.14.3700 (Git)
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-14
Hash: 32f5aae0a64333ec8d5d160dbc46e690510c8fe1
Python version: 2.6.2
Qt version: 4.5.2
Coin version: 3.1.0
SoQt version: 1.4.1
OCC version: 6.5.1

New to this so apologies if the answer to this is blatantly obvious.
I have created a simple 3d model in Freecad and created a drawing with one of the standard A4 templates. However in the "drawing" tab none of the lines from the template appear and hence when I print from here none of them appear in the print.
All the lines do appear however when I use the "Open a selected page in the browser view" button, bit I cannot print from this tab as the print option is then greyed out.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Ian
quick61
Veteran

Re: Printing Drawings

Post by quick61 »

crofti67 wrote:OS: Windows
Word size: 32-bit
Version: 0.14.3700 (Git)
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-14
Hash: 32f5aae0a64333ec8d5d160dbc46e690510c8fe1
Python version: 2.6.2
Qt version: 4.5.2
Coin version: 3.1.0
SoQt version: 1.4.1
OCC version: 6.5.1

New to this so apologies if the answer to this is blatantly obvious.
I have created a simple 3d model in Freecad and created a drawing with one of the standard A4 templates. However in the "drawing" tab none of the lines from the template appear and hence when I print from here none of them appear in the print.
All the lines do appear however when I use the "Open a selected page in the browser view" button, bit I cannot print from this tab as the print option is then greyed out.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Ian
Hello Ian, Welcome to FreeCAD and the forum. Thank you for posting your FreeCAD info. With that, I will first suggest that you grab one of the recent development snapshots. There have been a lot of bug fixes, including several related to Drawings, along with the ability to use a new plugin workbench that is a BIG help with dimensions. You can find the most recent development snapshots here - http://sourceforge.net/projects/free-ca ... velopment/ - These do not install, you simply unzip it into a directory and run the executable from the /bin folder.

Now to your problem. When you say you created a drawing, just how did you do that? There are several ways. Have you tried another template?

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
crofti67

Post by crofti67 »

Thanks Mark

I used the A4 button as shown in the attached screenshot whilst in the drawing workbench.

Then I selected my "fusion" part and hit the "Insert an orthographic projection......" button to populate the drawing.

I will download the latest version as you suggest to begin with and see if that improves matters.

Cheers

Ian
Attachments
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (11.27 KiB) Viewed 1322 times
crofti67

Post by crofti67 »

Mark

Using the latest version as you suggested has worked a treat, it is coming up with some spurious errors but generally it is responding much better to changing the templates and showing all the lines in both drawing view and web style view.

That has fixed this issue for me.

Thanks again.

Ian
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

crofti67 wrote:Mark

Using the latest version as you suggested has worked a treat, it is coming up with some spurious errors but generally it is responding much better to changing the templates and showing all the lines in both drawing view and web style view.

That has fixed this issue for me.

Thanks again.

Ian
Your welcome, and now that you have a 0.15 development version, you can also now use the FreeCAD_drawing_dimensioning plugin Workbench that hamish has so nicely done. It is a real pleasure to use and makes adding dimensions to your drawing a snap. There is a thread in the Developers corner section of the forum on the workbench - Drawing dimensioning workbench for FreeCAD v0.15 - and might be worth a quick look through to understand who it works. Read the "README.md" for how to install it.

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?