thread bolt

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
spoon

thread bolt

Post by spoon »

hi, I need to draw a bolt and its thread; I have using FreeCad for the first time, and also I haven't more experience with CAD software. I have made head and body of bolt, but I have problem in drawing thread. Do you now the best way to make that? I should use many circles? intersect with plane object? Help!
wmayer
Founder

Re: thread bolt

Post by wmayer »

Sorry, with the current version this not possible. Within the next weeks we'll release a new version. I hope to add a function like that until then.
spoon

Post by spoon »

Oh, right! thank you very much! Also if I will use script engine instead of gui, I will try it.... I don't not python, but I think it's similar to other script languages like php, perl ecc.
Bye!

Post by Guest »

aehm.... I don't not python = I don't know python .....
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Hi,

oh, if you're strong-willed to use Python then you could have a look on www.pythonocc.org This offers a Python binding for the (almost) whole OpenCascade library. At http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/pythonocc/tr ... iew=markup you'll find an example for creation of a bottle with thread.

Maybe this helps you to get it working for your needs. But note, pythonOCC uses OpenCascade 6.3.0 while the current FreeCAD release is based on OpenCascade 6.2.3. Thus, it's at the moment not possible to use both together. With the next FreeCAD release we will fix this issue.

Cheers,
Werner