Mechanical Designer Needed

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jag4p

Mechanical Designer Needed

Post by jag4p »

I'm an inventor operating outside of Seattle Wa. I have designed many complex electro-mechanical systems in the last 25 years. In fact, they were always so complex that full-time mechanical engineers where always there to do the actual drafting. At this point I'm tired of not having basic 3D drafting skills.

My latest invention requires only two custom pieces. Only one of them will require 3D printing. Everything else can be cut with a laser cutter. This is a great project for my first. Its just complex enough but mechanically quite simple.

I have been playing with Freecad for a few nights and I totally understand what the tool is trying to do. It is built the way I think - parametrically. That said, I just can't seem to how to drive the tool. I'm looking to pay someone for 2-4 hours - shared screen will do - to teach me some real basics.

For example, I'm hung up on getting applying sketches to faces. I just can't get it to work right but I almost have it. I could build one custom piece in a hour but I'm stuck. I also need to know how to structure the parts (and import models) into assemblies. And then to create assemblies of assemblies. And then finally to print out BOMs.

As I know from my EE tools, there is a big difference between know the steps to complete a task and having the wisdom of how to organize a project. I'm sure I can ask my questions in a forum but I want to share a screen and just ask questions.

I'll pay a wage proportional to your experience. I will also say that if your price is right and I like how you work with me there is a chance I'll let you just do the project. But for now, I want a few hours of training.

My preference is for a some one with experience modeling mechanical systems not buildings. That said, I don't care so long as I can accomplish my goals. Send me a message that includes your rates and availability.

Sincerely,

Jason Goldstein
Austeen Co.
shivaksingh

Re: Mechanical Designer Needed

Post by shivaksingh »

Hey Jason

I would like to help you. I won't be charging you as for now I'm not sure what you need. I'm flexible with the timings.

Regards
Shivak SIngh