Job offer (paid): Creation of simple 3D models

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Welling

Job offer (paid): Creation of simple 3D models

Post by Welling »

Hello,

I did not see too many commercial offers or mention about them in FAQ's, hope this follows forum policies.

I'm seeking for a designer who could model three simple objects with given main measures (see attachment for examples). These objects would be injection molded later on. Reason I'm opening this on FreeCAD forum is that I would like the models to be fully parametric and I'm very interested to build functionality to my upcoming website to enable building of similar objects via command line / measurement fetch from website UI. If you have done earlier similar website integration, you would be preferred applicant, but such experience is not a necessity.
Plastic products to be parametrized.png
Plastic products to be parametrized.png (32.48 KiB) Viewed 6115 times
This job is posted also in Upwork: link to Upwork post

If you are interested, please PM with your availability and price information or respond via Upwork.

Best Regards,

Henri Welling
CEO
WellingLures Oy Ltd.
Susihaudantie 3, 21530 PAIMIO FINLAND
Reg. Business ID, Trade Register of Finland: 2630817-7
VAT number FI26308177
http://www.wellinglures.com
yorik
Founder

Re: Job offer (paid): Creation of simple 3D models

Post by yorik »

Hi,
Cool, no problem in posting this kind of stuff here, in fact it is highly welcome. I wonder if we shouldn't make a specific section for job offers like that...
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

yorik wrote:Hi,
Cool, no problem in posting this kind of stuff here, in fact it is highly welcome. I wonder if we shouldn't make a specific section for job offers like that...
That sounds like a good idea.....that way people can read the adds without being forced to create an account and log in ...unlike Upwork.

Perhaps we could make a single forum for both prospective employers and prospective employees to post.

Actually when you think about it, perhaps it would be nice if people contributed in some way (code or cash or something else) if they succeed in getting paid work or succeed in finding an employee/contractor etc.....

Jim
Linden

Post by Linden »

Hello,

I not sure if you have found some one yet as the web page linked in your post and the web sight in your signature both appear to be down. If you still need some one I have some time over the next 2 months and would be willing to model these 3 items for you. As far as payment I would just ask for a small donation to the free cad project for the first 3 models and we can see where it goes from there.
Good luck,

Linden
Freikater

Post by Freikater »

Hi everyone and Linden,

I am receiving no real answer to my cries, in another thread, for paid help with my building model --- so, I'll try here.

Linden (or anyone else):
would you like to consider working with me on my screen (via Teamviewer or the like),
explain to me
where my understanding of the various tools (predominantly Arch, PartDesign, Sketcher; use of the Tree) errs,
and how to correct it,
so that I can quickly get on with my 3D model of a residential building?

(Please don't push me off to tutorials, I AM watching those and they are good indeed
but won't answer my problems for another two weeks which I do not now have.)

German, English and French are all fine for me.

I am prepared to pay decent Euros against time spent.
Whether they go into your pocket or come as a donation [independently a good idea, anyway], or a combination of both: I don't mind - you tell me.

SMS to +49 157 35 59 69 89, anytime (I'll call back to reverse charges)

Staring now at that mobile phone ...

____

Word size of OS: 32-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.15.4671 (Git)
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-15
Hash: 244b3aef360841646cbfe80a1b225c8b39c8380c
Python version: 2.7.9
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17
Linden

Post by Linden »

I am in the Philippines at the moment and my internet connection is not good enough for screen cast. But. If you have an example. I could make a presaentation with screen shots and an explanation of the logic behind my choice of tools. Once you get over the first steep part of the learning curve its not so bad and you will progress quickly. But at first it feels like you can't get any where as you keep getting stuck on little things. Or at least that's how it was for me. Took me a month to make a simple block with 3 holes, a couple of counter bours, and chamfers when I first started a little over a year ago. Now I can make the hole modle and run off a few blueprints for it in 20 minutes.
Linden
Linden

Post by Linden »

I have started making a generic presentation using only the part design workbench for a part similar to the part you have pictured. The first draft of part one is on my git hub page along with the freecad file and the srible notes. please forgive all the spelling errors as i said it is the first draft. For your web aplication if you know what peramiteres you would like selectable on the web sight we can build a modle that uses only these nemeric constraints or constraints calculated from thes numberes the rest of the constraints would be geometric ie mirror parrelle ectra. Once we have figured out how to build it. then it is just a mater of building it with the record macro buton presest and we will have a python script that builds your modle this can then be modified to acept veriables provided by your web page and when it is run should give you a new modle with the new dimentions/configereation. i am afraid I am not much help on the python and web side of things but the modling i may be a bit of use.
Linden
Freikater

Post by Freikater »

Hi Linden,

I wonder if my early morning's PM has actually been "SENT", technically speaking??
I had posted it twice, but each time the message stayed in the OUTBOX (now displaying "2") and my SENT BOX still displays "0" messages.
When I open the message, it says "Sent 19.10.2015, 9:35" (or similar). Strange...

(Your latest reply surely is for Welling, although I will benefit from reading your presentation anyway.)
Linden

Post by Linden »

I just recived your PM now. I will have a look at this and see what I can do for you this afternoon. I am in a romote location and my internet is over mobile phone we are right on the eadge of the coverage area so my internet depends on atmespheric conditions and power out put of mobile phone tower that often goes offline when it over heats. My apolagies for my sporaticness in corespondance this is beond my control.
Joys of a modern world :roll:

This is defanatly best done using the Arch modual witch unfortunatly I know very little about but I will see what I can do.

The element getting yellow-highlighted meens it is in edit mode and has locked things to get out of edit mode right click on the high lighted Item in the tree and about the 3rd or forth entry in the list is finish editing. this will get rid of the yelow highlighting and alow you to continue working on other parts of your drawing

Have a look at this page from one of the developeres it explanes the workflow and gives and example of using the arch work bench to do a similar project to yours. http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... 20tutorial. I have answered some of the questions from your PM here as they may be of use to others. Your drawings and modle I will keep confidentail as requested.
Linden