freeCAD work for designing 3D parts

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
PhilBali

freeCAD work for designing 3D parts

Post by PhilBali »

hello to all the FreeCAD community.

First of all thank you for your forum and the nice work all the contributors are doing here.

I personally run a little company specialized in designing water housing for still and video camera. Our market is a niche as it is not for diving but for water surface sports such as surf, windsurf, kayaking, sailing etc...
Running a small business like ours is not very easy as I do not have any help from the banks or whatsoever. All the money I put in this business comes from my own pocket. I am not rich (I wish i could be :mrgreen: ) and I have a lot to do to run my staff, the prod and the R&D :| !!!
We are now at a stage where we need some help.
I mainly design some of my parts myself with Sketchup but this soft is not very appropriate when it comes to mechanical drawings and my personal skills are not very high. I can play around when it comes to easy shapes but as soon as it gets more complicated I get lost.
At the workshop we have a 3D printer (UP Box) and a small CNC where we print and machine some 3D parts. From those printed or machined parts we make our masters and then a mold where we cast resins to make the parts we sell.
We are based in France and in Bali where our production unit is. So we can work on remote location, this is OK with us.
I do believe this is a very interesting project and that is why I am writing this post right now because may be someone out there in the CAD community will be interested by helping us on developing new products. For the moment I cannot promise a big income, but I suppose we can work out on something descent depending on our sales. so i would like to invite anyone out there interested by our project to write me back and I can give him (or her) more details about that.

Thank you all readers for reading this message. I hope we will find someone here to help us out.

Cheers to all of you.

Phil.
rard

Re: freeCAD work for designing 3D parts

Post by rard »

Gi'Day Phil,
I read your post about help for designing 3D parts. I am not a CAD Draughtsman, I am a Patternmaker (now retired). I work with fully dimensioned 2D drawings, if you think that I might be able to assist you let me know.
Regards,
Robert Redd
PhilBali

Post by PhilBali »

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your reply. For the moment I already had some answers, so i will try first like that and see how it goes. I will let you know if I need more help. Thank you for your answer again. :-)
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

PhilBali wrote:We are now at a stage where we need some help.
The original post is misleading - I learned that this is actually a contest where the "winner" will get the job.
designengineer

Post by designengineer »

Hi Phil, do you still need support for CAD projects? I have over 20 years experience in mechanical engineering and design, likewise i developed submarine lamp what i used as a diver.