to convert stl files into surface and then to work on that file

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
divyank.d.jain

to convert stl files into surface and then to work on that file

Post by divyank.d.jain »

please let me know how much do u charge if i have some files which i need to convert them into 3dm format.
I want a 100% replica of the stl format. No modifications made. Length X Width X Height = 135mm x 147mm x 73mm
Please find the image attached for the same
REPLY ASAP
my number is +91 9887713033
divyank.d.jain@gmail.com
Attachments
2.png
2.png (41.69 KiB) Viewed 4315 times
Last edited by divyank.d.jain on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Re: to convert stl files into 3dm format

Post by Jee-Bee »

If you want to make from an stl file an 3dm file... i would say not possible. Even rhino where you show youre pictures from can't do that. at least not in rhino 4. Simply because a mesh file isn't parametric.
As far aas i know Freecad don't have 3dm capabilties at this moment. so if you want try it find somebody with rhino self and try to apply a surfaces over the model!!
divyank.d.jain

Post by divyank.d.jain »

ok... Lets not go for stl to 3dm
but is there any other software or way where in I can convert these files to surface structure and give them proper thickness and if i need to remove any thing can tell anybody to do that accordingly..
please let me know
thanks
jeno
Veteran

Post by jeno »

divyank.d.jain wrote:please let me know how much do u charge if i have some files which i need to convert them into 3dm format.
I want a 100% replica of the stl format. No modifications made. Length X Width X Height = 135mm x 147mm x 73mm
Please find the image attached for the same
REPLY ASAP
my number is +91 9887713033
divyank.d.jain@gmail.com
Maybe this piece of software could help. It imports stl and exports 3dm. They offer a 2 day evaluation version. Could be sufficient for you.
divyank.d.jain

Post by divyank.d.jain »

Thanks Jeno, will try and will let you know...
jeno wrote:Maybe this piece of software could help. It imports stl and exports 3dm. They offer a 2 day evaluation version. Could be sufficient for you.