Seeking a FreeCAD tutor

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
diydsp

Seeking a FreeCAD tutor

Post by diydsp »

Hello!

I've been going through tutorials, practicing and reading quite a bit on FreeCAD in the last month, but I am still missing some fundamental concepts, such as how all of the concepts fit together. I think some live conversations would go far. I've got a design I've drawn and built in 2-D using Inkscape, but now I'd like to make it 3-D in FreeCAD.

Who would be willing over Skype to walk me through some of my questions and difficulties porting this design for a few hours, perhaps 2 hours per week for three weeks? Please send me a private message and if you have a suggested tutoring rate or would rather I donate to FreeCAD itself or split between both, let me know.

Thank you.
lrl1956

Re: Seeking a FreeCAD tutor

Post by lrl1956 »

If you have not already checked out "a_freecad_manual.pdf". You might want to check it out. Yorik has done a great job with it. Work the Lego project that starts on page 79. I don't know what you are having trouble with, but this is a good place to start, since Yorik explains things as you go.