- Make the new mode relevant for external geometries
- Make the entire mode optional, possibly also put the option in the toolbar
- Sort out icons for each of the modes (talking with agryson about this)
Continuing to the "nice to have" things.
- Box selection while in these modes
- Slightly different selection modes: when a key is pressed, change behavior. For e.g. horizontal/vertical distance constraint directly applies from single point to root, rather than first point to second point.
- An indicator beyond a changed cursor, for touch-screen users.
jnxd wrote:Did anyone get to test the symmetric constraint well enough? How straightforward is the new mode I introduced in the constraint mode (first point -> symmetry point/line -> second point) as opposed to the old one (first point -> second point -> symmetry point/line)? Should I add a commit changing the behavior?
Make the entire mode optional, possibly also put the option in the toolbar
wmayer wrote:Make the entire mode optional, possibly also put the option in the toolbar
There is a bug. For all the constraint commands the default value of ContinuousConstraintMode is set to false while in the settings it's set to true. I hope it's OK to set it to true by default.
DeepSOIC wrote:jnxd! I don't know if you did it, I just guess it was you. I can select geometry really quickly now! It used to clear selection if I selected too fast, and now it doesn't. So whoever that was, thank you !
No. I am still using the "select-select-constraint" workflow. The problem was, if I select-select too quickly, selection is cleared (I guess it has something to do with double-click time). Now it's gone.jnxd wrote: BTW, are you even talking about constraint mode? And is this all on the touchscreen of yours?
DeepSOIC wrote:I just tested on 0.17.8361, which was before your efforts on this I think, and cannot reproduce the problem. So I think it might have been windows update not you.