Hello, World!

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Hello, World!

Post by triplus »

Just testing if this is for real.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Hello, World!

Post by Kunda1 »

yup, it's real :)
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
agryson

Post by agryson »

Pinch yourself! :-P
cox

Post by cox »

Nice space, it has potential. :D
Need help? Feel free to ask, but please read the guidelines first
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Hi! Cool! New forum! New place to move irrelevant topics from! :D

I would much prefer for this forum to be independent from the Developers corner, and to be visible from the main Board index.

Someone mentioned this new forum in another topic and it took me at least 2 minutes to find it.

I believe that keeping it buried under Developers corner will impede its discoverability, hence impede user participation.

---

On another matter, @agryson I noticed you're a mod now, congrats!

Do you think this topic of mine should be moved here? UI improvement proposal: mouse navigation indicator
agryson

Post by agryson »

NormandC wrote:I would much prefer for this forum to be independent from the Developers corner, and to be visible from the main Board index.
Despite me being totally biased, me too. But I can understand the hesitation to overload the main board and keep this in the developer's corner, especially given that these UI discussions mainly took place in the developer's corner anyway. I'll let the more experienced mods talk it over and we'll see how it eveolves.
NormandC wrote:On another matter, @agryson I noticed you're a mod now, congrats!

Do you think this topic of mine should be moved here? UI improvement proposal: mouse navigation indicator
Thanks! I'll try not to break anything as I ease into it! That topic looks like an ideal fit, I'll move it in now.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

+1 for having this visible from the main board list. UX/UI Design should be a first-class citizen in the Development boards list. I have yet to dive into the UI code much myself but some stickied guides on getting started would be a good addition to this board, so I'll try to take notes the more I study :)
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
agryson

Post by agryson »

kkremitzki wrote:some stickied guides on getting started would be a good addition to this board
Yes,I plan on making a guide/tutorial on the wiki to explain my icon alignment work and adding it to the stickied welcome post.

If there are other relevant topics that could be useful as a guide (where to find design resources in the source code, dev guides for QT etc.) don't hesitate!
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Hard work and effort needs to be put in this area if some development in this area is expected. Therefore this is development forum section material. For only conducting discussions i guess other forums sections can be perceived as more appropriate.

I don't know why was the decision taken to make this forum section less accessible from the main forum home page but OK. It's i guess a start. I know the distinction between UX/UI but if forum section name would be made more human readable i wouldn’t have problems with that. User interface design or Designers corner or something like that.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

How about

User Interface, Experience, and Design

or just

User Interface & Experience
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.