Sketcher icons (finally) aligned

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
abdullah
Veteran

Re: Sketcher icons (finally) aligned

Post by abdullah »

agryson wrote:No... Worries!

But that will really be the weekend then. I like to avoid text in icons so will try to use an abstract reference, like a # for numbers.
Thanks!

I have zero icon design capabilities. In fact, my best icon by far is the one you used for overlaying the green lines and it took me like one hour. So I am happy with somebody more professional handling them... I admit I prefer to code...

Anyway, the functionality around this won't be finished for the weekend, so take your time :)
agryson

Post by agryson »

abdullah wrote:Anyway, the functionality around this won't be finished for the weekend, so take your time :)
In that case, want me to submit the new icons to your branch? PM me a link to your working branch and I'll submit a pull request directly to it sometime this weekend.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

agryson wrote:
abdullah wrote:Anyway, the functionality around this won't be finished for the weekend, so take your time :)
In that case, want me to submit the new icons to your branch? PM me a link to your working branch and I'll submit a pull request directly to it sometime this weekend.
Well, it was surprisingly a rather productive day.

Long story short: Yes the icon is just perfect. The related code is finished (probably I will get additional input and change things, but working so far). The names I have in the code are these (I created fakes to test the code):

Gui/Resources/icons/Sketcher_BSplineComb.svg
Gui/Resources/icons/Sketcher_BSplineDegree.svg
Gui/Resources/icons/Sketcher_BSplinePolygon.svg

My branch is this:
https://github.com/abdullahtahiriyo/Fre ... eliverable

Fine with me if you do a pull request (whenever they are ready, no pressure intended ;) ). :D

Thanks!!
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Better.png
Better.png (6.31 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

Dear Alex,

I would have an additional request for an icon if you have time. It is a tool for the sketcher.

How it works?
A geometry is selected (circle, ellipse, hyperbola, ...), the button is clicked and this geometry is converted into a bspline that has the same shape. So the tool is basically approximating a geometry element by a B-Spline.

How does it look like?
As the code is already written, you can see a screenshot here:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 34#p159934

Thanks in advance,
abdullah
agryson

Post by agryson »

abdullah wrote:I would have an additional request for an icon if you have time.
No problem. Sorry, I've been a little out of action since last week (borked my system) but I have everything up and running again, so expect some icons to drop soon.

This functionality seems similar to inkscape's 'convert shape to path' fucntionality --- I'll have a look at that for inspiration.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

agryson wrote:
abdullah wrote:I would have an additional request for an icon if you have time.
No problem. Sorry, I've been a little out of action since last week (borked my system) but I have everything up and running again, so expect some icons to drop soon.

This functionality seems similar to inkscape's 'convert shape to path' fucntionality --- I'll have a look at that for inspiration.
Perfect! Thanks!! :)
agryson

Post by agryson »

I've just submitted a pull request to your branch with the three icons shown below. I've built and tested. The toggle behaviour doesn't seem to work, was that on another branch?
spritesheet.png
spritesheet.png (104.32 KiB) Viewed 2248 times
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

agryson wrote:I've just submitted a pull request to your branch with the three icons shown below. I've built and tested. The toggle behaviour doesn't seem to work, was that on another branch?
spritesheet.png
awesome :)
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
agryson

Post by agryson »

abdullah wrote:A geometry is selected (circle, ellipse, hyperbola, ...), the button is clicked and this geometry is converted into a bspline that has the same shape. So the tool is basically approximating a geometry element by a B-Spline.
Woah, sorry, I totally forgot this 4th icon had to be done!
Hold off on the pull request, wait until I can push another commit for that, probably tomorrow.