CSS issue with freecadweb.org/api footer

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

CSS issue with freecadweb.org/api footer

Post by kkremitzki »

Hi, I'm not sure this is really the right forum but I figured I'd give it a shot.

Right now the footer in the API pages doesn't really behave correctly because it has the CSS property position: fixed;.

On short pages like https://freecadweb.org/api/index.html the footer will not be at the bottom of the page without the fixed property. But then on long pages like https://freecadweb.org/api/namespaces.html it is clogging up the bottom of the screen instead of being pushed to the bottom.

I'm not really conversant enough with CSS to know how to fix this, so this is a bit of a call for help; if someone knows what changes need to be done, I can FTP the changes to the server and get it fixed.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
yorik
Founder

Re: CSS issue with freecadweb.org/api footer

Post by yorik »

Yeah unfortunately I didn't find how to do that either :)
I thought bootstrap would have something that does that automatically, bout didn't fnd anything
agryson

Re: CSS issue with freecadweb.org/api footer

Post by agryson »

Unfortunately a "real" solution requires JavaScript to determine the window height or to do sticky scrolling etc.
IMO, it's best to avoid the issue altogether by setting a min-height on your body that is reasonable for the expected screen sizes and just accept that the footer will be a long scroll away on long pages with relative or absolute positioning.