Fresh install 'Architectural example model' missing.

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Fresh install 'Architectural example model' missing.

Post by NormandC »

sgrogan wrote:HaHA we avoid your question :)
Yes, we did...

I'll be blunt, I've grown weary of complaints and newcomers accounts, mostly because when you've been around as long as I have, it's always the same things that are mentioned. You'll wonder "well then, why isn't it fixed already?" To which I refer to what sgrogan wrote above. (Just FYI I am not a developer, just an experienced CAD user sharing my knowledge)

As for bringing criticism, I'd suggest searching for prior discussion topics first. I remember one named "interface confusion" or something like that, it may have been in the Developers corner forum. Sometimes, there are reasons why FreeCAD works the way it does, and it's been explained/discussed in the past. Many times the answer is "because there's no one who's volunteered to address this", or "we couldn't come to a consensus on it".

And rather than a huge list of grievances that will be forgotten inside of a week, maybe start focusing on a few specific issues that have the potential of being tackled in a timely manner.
sgrogan wrote:The regulars to the forum are pretty protective of those that do give their time.
You betcha. ;) I have enormous respect for these guys and I'm very grateful.
Ray Andrews

Post by Ray Andrews »

Yeah, bugs first, features second, that's sound. Ok, I'll bi ... constructively criticize ;-)
Ray Andrews

Post by Ray Andrews »

There's logic to that. No point in making lists of grievances that are already known. Ok, I won't bitch unless I'm more or less sure it's something you haven't heard before.