libMED on windows

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
peterl94
Veteran

libMED on windows

Post by peterl94 »

Hi,

Have any of you successfully compiled libMED on windows? I'm running into some interesting problems, so I thought I would check to see if it worked for anyone before I spend a lot of time troubleshooting. In particular, I'm getting unresolved symbol errors, for example H5T_C_S1_g (hdf5.lib is in the link list)

Thanks,
Peter
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: libMED on windows

Post by sgrogan »

peterl94 wrote:Have any of you successfully compiled libMED on windows? I'm running into some interesting problems, so I thought I would check to see if it worked for anyone before I spend a lot of time troubleshooting. In particular, I'm getting unresolved symbol errors, for example H5T_C_S1_g (hdf5.lib is in the link list)
I had to create a cMake variable and set it to point at the static hdf5.lib
see here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=15756&start=30#p126231
"fight the good fight"
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

Thank you! I knew you guys must have had the same issue, but I missed that thread. Anyway, I've found the root cause of the problem. You have to define H5_BUILT_AS_DYNAMIC_LIB, otherwise the macro H5_DLLVAR is not set to the needed __declspec(dllimport).
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

peterl94 wrote:Anyway, I've found the root cause of the problem. You have to define H5_BUILT_AS_DYNAMIC_LIB, otherwise the macro H5_DLLVAR is not set to the needed __declspec(dllimport).
Thanks for the update. If I go back and do it this way, the bundled builds will me smaller?
"fight the good fight"
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

I suppose you would save some duplication, but if the static lib works fine, I wouldn't bother.