DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jpicciri

DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Post by jpicciri »

FreeCAD for WIN32 downloads and installs. The last part of the install is a message that C++ needs to be repaired. Click o.k., seems to complete, however, FreeCAD opens but the bottom window displays: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

What's next?

Thanks,
John-
wmayer
Founder

Re: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Post by wmayer »

What is your OS? According to your post FreeCAD at least seems to start but not completely. So, therefore go to View > Views and open the Output window. This way you get the full error message.

You can also check in the Windows Control Panel under Administrative Tools > Event Viewer if you get information about which dll exactly couldn't be loaded.
jpicciri

Post by jpicciri »

Postby wmayer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:39 am
What is your OS? According to your post FreeCAD at least seems to start but not completely. So, therefore go to View > Views and open the Output window. This way you get the full error message.

You can also check in the Windows Control Panel under Administrative Tools > Event Viewer if you get information about which dll exactly couldn't be loaded.

Thanks for replying.

OS is Win7

The view tab's only option is Workbench.

Give me a hint where to look
Event Viewer
custom views
Administrative Events
Window Logs
Applications and Services Logs
Subscriptions

Under Administrative Events the most recent error is:
The description for Event ID 0 from source YSearchUtilSvc cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

YSearchUtilSvc error: The operation completed successfully. (0x0)
Could not open service (1060)

Thanks,
John-
jpicciri

Post by jpicciri »

I guess my last post didn't have enough helpful information.

I'll try installing on another computer. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks,
John-
wwolfman

Post by wwolfman »

ok, not quite computer savy, so here it goes. getting the same message "DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application." running Windows10 Home. same as previous person I got a message about C++ 2008, (didn't know I still had that on here), I tried both ways of installing automatically, then manually, then uninstalled, rebooted, then installed manually then rebooted, each attempt seemed to do fine. until I was trying to open the application from the start menu, it launches then I get the message in the lower pane "DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application." not really sure where the control panel is on windows 10 to look for the DLL info as suggested to the previous person. would appreciate any help. or proper direction to find help. thanks
-dave-
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

wwolfman wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:13 am ok, not quite computer savy, so here it goes. getting the same message "DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application." running Windows10 Home. same as previous person I got a message about C++ 2008, (didn't know I still had that on here), I tried both ways of installing automatically, then manually, then uninstalled, rebooted, then installed manually then rebooted, each attempt seemed to do fine. until I was trying to open the application from the start menu, it launches then I get the message in the lower pane "DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application." not really sure where the control panel is on windows 10 to look for the DLL info as suggested to the previous person. would appreciate any help. or proper direction to find help. thanks
-dave-
Please explain exactly which FreeCAD version, exactly which file downloaded from exactly where? Post the URL. Is your Windows 10 only a 32bit version, does MS still sell 32bit O/Ses? If so, have you tried to install a 64bit FreeCAD on a 32bit Windows?