On Macos after successful CMake the compile chokes on first link with

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
nyholku

On Macos after successful CMake the compile chokes on first link with

Post by nyholku »

After successfully running the CMake

cmake -DBUILD_ROBOT="0" -DFREECAD_USE_EXTERNAL_PIVY="1" -DBUILD_FEM_NETGEN="1" -DFREECAD_CREATE_MAC_APP="1" ../FreeCAD-git

the compile process chokes on the first link step:

Code: Select all

make
Scanning dependencies of target Driver
[  0%] Building CXX object src/3rdParty/salomesmesh/CMakeFiles/Driver.dir/src/Driver/Driver_Document.cpp.o
[  0%] Building CXX object src/3rdParty/salomesmesh/CMakeFiles/Driver.dir/src/Driver/Driver_Mesh.cpp.o
[  0%] Building CXX object src/3rdParty/salomesmesh/CMakeFiles/Driver.dir/src/Driver/Driver_SMDS_Mesh.cpp.o
[  0%] Building CXX object src/3rdParty/salomesmesh/CMakeFiles/Driver.dir/src/Driver/Driver_SMESHDS_Mesh.cpp.o
[  0%] Linking CXX shared library ../../../lib/libDriver.dylib
ld: file not found: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SharedFileList.framework/Versions/A/SharedFileList for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[2]: *** [lib/libDriver.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/3rdParty/salomesmesh/CMakeFiles/Driver.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Obviously the file SharedFileList is missing but how do I get there?

I'm on Macos 10.10.5 (Yosemite) with newly installed XCode 7.2.1 (the last one to support Yosemite) and I've manually copied the MacOSX10.10.sdk into the /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/ as indicated is necessary in some posts about similar issues.

I've done a clean CMake to an empty build directory everytime I changed something but one of the last steps I did after I managed to get CMake to complete was install XCode 7.2.1 (I had 6.2.1 previously), could that have done something to invalidate some of the homebrew installed prerequisites?

Help would be greatly appreciated, I've put several days into this now and this is the furthest I've ever gotten to get FreeCAD compile and would hate start again from scratch.

wrb Kusti
nyholku

Re: On Macos after successful CMake the compile chokes on first link with

Post by nyholku »

For the full story and happy ending see:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19471