Missing DLL entry point

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
diep

Missing DLL entry point

Post by diep »

Good Morning!

When i try to make an union of several shapes, then it refuses to do so. Tried both 0.15 x86 and 0.16 x86

In the report view in windows vista + FreeCAD 0.16 it reads:

"Failed to TuneWindowsGestures. Error: DLL entry point for SetGesturesConfig not found in user32.dll. Could not tune Windows gestures.
Exception (Tue Jan 03 2:51:51 2017) : Fusion failed"

And that exception several times as i tried do it in several ways (note i typed over above from CAD machine, hopefully without bugs).
Is there a DLL that was wrongly installed on my system or something or is it a bug?
How can i avoid getting this fusion refusal?

If instead of making union i try to make a cut of 2 shapes for 2 times, then it also doesn't want to do that.

I must apologize for not being able to post the fcstd file here.

Basically it is only unions of objects that exist out of tubes, spheres, solid toruses and cylinders and cubes.
I can throw out the toruses by using other objects to represent those. Is bit more work. Would that fix it?
diep

Re: Missing DLL entry point

Post by diep »

I downloaded version 0.17 says version number 9467 it's x86 and i had first installed redistributable 2013 of winblows.

0.17 doesn't manage to load the FCStd file.

When i try to load that one it says:

Failed to TuneWindowGestures. Error: DLL entry point for SetGestureConfig not found in user32.dll. Could not tune Windows gestures.
Cannot create object 'Box': (DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.)
.. <very very long list of those cannot create object errors>

ok. Very late here now 4:28 AM. Maybe i know what union causes the trouble. Will later today try to isolate it and create it in 0.15 x86
a new FCStd file. then load it in 0.17 see if it shows this error. If so will post it here. Let me know what forum.

Still could be i just miss DLL - don't know. Am under Vista here. Hopefully that ain't the problem...
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Although 0.17 is a development version it should be installable on your system. I remember that there where problems with dlls recently. You may want to search the forum for that. Do you have any special characters in your home path?
As for the 0.15 version you mention: it is verrrryyyy outdated und you should definitely replace it with the current stable 0.16.6707.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
diep

Post by diep »

hi!

What do you mean with special characters?
Like whitespaces?

I have most freecad versions in D:\FreeCAD

Over there 017.9647 is in directory: D:\FreeCAD\FreeCAD_0.17.9467_x86_dev_bin

0.16 is in : "C:\Program files (x86)\FreeCAD 0.16"

0.16 is revision number 6706. It is not stable. It has too many bugs to be used seriously.
It has the habit of randomly creating shapes itself that you didn't define. Suddenly an object is there which you only see when you select an object, yet there is no definition of it done by you. Also has odd multidimensional shape and it's tiny (a few square millimeters). Such object starts existing when you do an union of a few shapes.

Just a few cylinders and cubes - yet some of the cubes i have at a floating point coordinate set with an angle, to line up nicely with the cylinder. With other objects i define that are at multiple of 90 degree angles that bug isn't there.

Also 0.16.6706 has other bugs only in cyilinders - it randomly suddenly makes a cylinder as if you can look inside it. No clue how to remove that.

It is not possible to design like that. So i had to go back to 0.15 for that reason.
0.17 doesn't even want to load the FCStd file...
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

Hi!
This:
Failed to TuneWindowGestures. Error: DLL entry point for SetGestureConfig not found in user32.dll. Could not tune Windows gestures.
... is not related to failing fusion, it is just a warning that touchscreen API is not there. You probably have some ancient windows, like XP.

For the failed fusion, please make a new thread in Help On Using FreeCAD, and post your failing example project, and proper FC info. It's not uncommon to see a failed fusion, and there are known ways to deal with some situations.
diep wrote:Cannot create object 'Box': (DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.)
Now this is an installation problem. (I have no clue how to deal with it, I think FC v0.17 doesn't support anything older than windows 7).
diep

Post by diep »

Thanks!

Yes the 2 problems seem unrelated.
Windows Vista Ultimate here.

Created FCStd file with failed fusion. Will post there!