[FIXED]Bug #2008 Coin3d headers not found (Fedora 21)

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

[FIXED]Bug #2008 Coin3d headers not found (Fedora 21)

Post by Kunda1 »

Ref: issue #2008
Posting this bug to the forums to understand if it's still an issue since it dates back to 2015-03-18 21:09
Last edited by Kunda1 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
wmayer
Founder

Re: Bug #2008 Coin3d headers not found (Fedora 21)

Post by wmayer »

I guess it can be closed now. There once was a pr which added the pkgconfig stuff for the Coin3d check: git commit 6ee243c2fa
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Sweet. Made a notation on the ticket and tagged it #tobeclosed
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Jin

Post by Jin »

Well, I guess exactly this issue is probably solved, at least it does not complain about coin on Fedora 25 any more.

I do however have a different compiler error:

[ 48%] Building CXX object src/Mod/Drawing/App/CMakeFiles/Drawing.dir/FeaturePage.cpp.o
/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Drawing/App/FeaturePage.cpp: In member function ‘virtual App::DocumentObjectExecReturn* Drawing::FeaturePage::execute()’:
/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Drawing/App/FeaturePage.cpp:214:24: error: ‘boost::re_detail’ has not been declared
boost::re_detail::string_out_iterator<std::string > out(newfragment);
^~~~~~~~~
/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Drawing/App/FeaturePage.cpp:214:67: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
^
/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Drawing/App/FeaturePage.cpp:214:84: error: ‘out’ was not declared in this scope
^
src/Mod/Drawing/App/CMakeFiles/Drawing.dir/build.make:214: recipe for target 'src/Mod/Drawing/App/CMakeFiles/Drawing.dir/FeaturePage.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/Mod/Drawing/App/CMakeFiles/Drawing.dir/FeaturePage.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2278: recipe for target 'src/Mod/Drawing/App/CMakeFiles/Drawing.dir/all' failed

I do have boost-regex installed, FreeCAD sources are from git master head (3241b1ece15403ef1e2576990e456d48d9551be1). Shall I open a ticket?
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

@jin thanks for the prompt reply. I'll defer to @wmayer if a new ticket needs to be opened. It may be useful so if others encounter this issue that this new problem got the recognition.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

/free-cad-code/src/Mod/Drawing/App/FeaturePage.cpp:214:24: error: ‘boost::re_detail’ has not been declared
You must use a very old version of the source code. The mentioned issue was fixed more than one year ago: git commit e0683f4db0
Jin

Post by Jin »

Oh crap, my bad... I still had the old git link in there git://git.code.sf.net/p/free-cad/code :( That's from the time when I had the Fedora 21 build issue... I guess from back then I just used the FreeCAD binaries from the Fedora repo, sorry for the false report!
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

wmayer wrote:
You must use a very old version of the source code. The mentioned issue was fixed more than one year ago: git commit e0683f4db0
Nice catch. I've been used to projects that work with SVN and the revisions are sequential. git uses that alphanumerical hash thing so it was hard for me to see that was from an older build.
Cheers!