netgen cmake error

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
looo
Veteran

netgen cmake error

Post by looo »

Today I have tried to use a build of the latest master of netgen but the the FindNetgen.cmake of FreeCAD seems to have some problems with that:
this is maybe related to this commit: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/comm ... e8c19fa190

Code: Select all

CMake Error at cMake/FindNETGEN.cmake:107 (file):
  file STRINGS file
  "~/anaconda/conda-bld/FreeCAD_1484903502111/_b_env_placehold_placehold_pla/include/netgen/libsrc/include/mydefs.hpp"
  cannot be read.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:656 (find_package)

CMake Error at cMake/FindNETGEN.cmake:110 (string):
  string sub-command REGEX, mode MATCHALL needs at least 5 arguments total to
  command.

CMake Error at cMake/FindNETGEN.cmake:131 (MATH):
  math cannot parse the expression: "(NOTFOUND << 16) + (0 << 8)": syntax
  error, unexpected exp_SHIFTLEFT, expecting exp_OPENPARENT or exp_NUMBER
  (12)

looo
Veteran

Re: netgen cmake error

Post by looo »

@jobermayr : maybe you can have a look at this.

in my netgen-build there is no ${NETGEN_DIR_include}/mydefs.hpp, only a ${NETGEN_DIR_include}/netgen/config.hpp which has the version information in the following form:

Code: Select all

#define HAVE_DLFCN_H 1
#define PACKAGE_VERSION "6.1-dev"
jobermayr

Post by jobermayr »

Please ask NETGEN developers since they are not willing to make others able to contribute code nor to provide a working build system.

There are some private emails about a discussion with the main developer (Joachim Schöberl) and the CMake maintainer (Matthias Hochsteger): After some discussion I told them that their last adaptions to the build systems makes things more and more difficult (esp. their SUPERBUILD flag is really nonesense and I haven't seen such word censored on all other projects I contributed to) they think that I am one of the open source guys who thinks only his way is correct. I told them after contribution to 50 projects with almost none CMake knowledge (https://www.openhub.net/accounts/jobermayr/languages) I cannot know what I am talking about ...

Nevertheless you can download sources/patches for my last working one (before SUPERBUILD word censored):
https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package/show/Extra/netgen
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

jobermayr wrote:they think that I am one of the open source guys who thinks only his way is correct.
LOL!!! :lol:

On everything else you wrote I would have no clue, but on this, of course they are right!

Do you need to be reminded about the time you offered the FreeCAD devs to take charge of the migration from svn to Git but then rescinded your offer because they wouldn't comply to your exacts demands?

Thank you for making my day. :lol:
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

jobermayr wrote:There are some private emails about a discussion with the main developer (Joachim Schöberl) and the CMake maintainer (Matthias Hochsteger): After some discussion I told them that their last adaptions to the build systems makes things more and more difficult (esp. their SUPERBUILD flag is really nonesense and I haven't seen such word censored on all other projects I contributed to)
I also have the feeling that they are quite ignorant against contributers. And I thought the same when I saw the latest changes (SUPERBUILD :shock: ). Maybe they want to prevent to have builds available...