Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
webearth

Post by webearth »

I downloaded source code of FreeCAD 0.16 and FreeCADLibs_11.3_x86_VC9-1.7z. Following instruction, I ended up with following errors in CMake 3.7.2

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.7/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1812 (message):

Boost version: 1.55.0

Boost include path:
F:/2015/16-FreeCAD-0.16/FreeCADLibs_11.3_x86_VC9/include

Could not find the following Boost libraries:

boost_filesystem
boost_program_options
boost_regex
boost_signals
boost_system
boost_thread

Some (but not all) of the required Boost libraries were found. You may
need to install these additional Boost libraries. Alternatively, set
BOOST_LIBRARYDIR to the directory containing Boost libraries or BOOST_ROOT
to the location of Boost.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:595 (find_package)

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:599 (MESSAGE):
========================================

boost not found, install the components:

* filesystem
* program_options
* regex
* signals
* system
* thread
========================================

I am trying to configure solution in VS2010 and set correct lib path. Could anyone give me a hint of what is wrong with that?

It seems there is same problem with configuring VS2013 solution with FreeCADLibs_11.3_x86_VC12-1.7z except for reeCADLibs_11.5.2_x64_VC12.7z.
wmayer
Founder

Re: Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

Post by wmayer »

On Windows when using a libpack it should be sufficient to set the variable FREECAD_LIBPACK_DIR to the root directory of the libpack.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

webearth wrote:I downloaded source code of FreeCAD 0.16 and FreeCADLibs_11.3_x86_VC9-1.7z.
webearth wrote:I am trying to configure solution in VS2010 and set correct lib path. Could anyone give me a hint of what is wrong with that?

It seems there is same problem with configuring VS2013 solution with FreeCADLibs_11.3_x86_VC12-1.7z except for reeCADLibs_11.5.2_x64_VC12.7z.
This is a different problem, the libs are for VC9 which corresponds to VS2008. We don't have a working libpack for VS2010 (which is VC10) :?
"fight the good fight"
grautvornix

Post by grautvornix »

Hi,

this thread is already some months ago but I cannot figure out how/if it was solved. I am asking because I have exactly the same issue with the actual master/HEAD (0.18 ?) of the git repo and I use FreeCADLibs_11.11_x64_VC12 on windows 10, VS2017 (at least I try hard to do so :D ).

The output is the same as posted before, but the sources are newer, especially a more recent version of cmake with 3.13.
"
PyCXX found:
Headers: C:/git/FreeCAD-code/src
Sources: C:/git/FreeCAD-code/src/CXX
Version: 6.2.8
CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.13/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:2100 (message):

Boost version: 1.55.0

Boost include path: C:/git/FreeCAD-code/FreeCADLibs_11.11_x64_VC12/include

Could not find the following Boost libraries:

boost_filesystem
boost_program_options
boost_regex
boost_system
boost_thread

Some (but not all) of the required Boost libraries were found. You may
"

Thanks for any help

Marc
grautvornix

Post by grautvornix »

I guess VC12 is the compiler for VS2013 but I use VS2017 which is VC15.

So it seems there is no libPack for VS2017, i.e. VC15 and the similarity between the issues is just a big coincidence or a similar problem.

Can anybody confirm ?

Thanks,
Marc
grautvornix

Post by grautvornix »

Hi,

so there is no need for confirmation. I just read through the thread and actually the problem I found out is mentioned in the last mail before mine.

So apparently there is no libPack for VC15 as I suspected. So I am about to try to build a new libPack for VC15 because I want to keep the VS2017 installation.

Sorry for having bothered anybody, next time I will read more carefully.

Marc
grautvornix

Post by grautvornix »

Hi,

the libpack for VC15 I have built during today works in the end as it looks like at the moment. At least the configuration and generation in cmake-gui succeeded (after hours fixing one issue after another, building boost libraries and so on...) and the buildprocess is running since 15 minutes in VS2017. There have been some obstacles but In the end it was "doable".

Anybody has any input whether I should head to publish this libPack or at least contact the "FreeCAD-ports-cache" if I should do a pull-request in this repo ?

Marc
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

grautvornix wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:54 pm Anybody has any input whether I should head to publish this libPack or at least contact the "FreeCAD-ports-cache" if I should do a pull-request in this repo ?
If you could post it somewhere that would be great for testing. Most likely it's not portable, as there will hardcoded paths in the cmake files for stuff you compiled yourself. Also any info on the version of the libs you used would be useful (Python, QT, and OCCT in particular)
"fight the good fight"
grautvornix

Post by grautvornix »

First: my enjoyment was a bit too early: the buildprocess yesterday failed in the end but I am quite optimistic that problems get solved today or tomorrow. Building boost_python was one of the bigger challenges but that is solved now as I HOPE. At least it looks better now.

Second: you are right. I will check that there are as little hardcoded paths as possible and generally as little changes to the latest libPack as possible and afterwards I will check everything twice and then I will put it somewhere and inform in this thread here.

If you are aware of any documented (auto)testprocedure for the libPack or the final FreeCAD please give me a hint where it can be found so that I can test it thorougly before publishing anything.

Marc