Build problem [Debian Jessie x64]

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
agryson

Build problem [Debian Jessie x64]

Post by agryson »

Ive been looking around for a solution to this, but a little stuck.

I'm on a fresh install of Debian Jessie, using a slightly modified version of this shell script that worked fine a few weeks ago (though that was not on a fresh install).

After an apparently succesful compile, it gets to cmaking freecad and then spits out this:

Code: Select all

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
NGLIB_INCLUDE_DIR
   used as include directory in directory /home/alex/Documents/code/build_FreeCAD/freecad/FreeCAD/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
   used as include directory in directory /home/alex/Documents/code/build_FreeCAD/freecad/FreeCAD/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
NGLIB_LIBNGLIB
    linked by target "Driver" in directory /home/alex/Documents/code/build_FreeCAD/freecad/FreeCAD/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
    linked by target "DriverDAT" in directory /home/alex/Documents/code/build_FreeCAD/freecad/FreeCAD/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
    linked by target "DriverSTL" in directory /home/alex/Documents/code/build_FreeCAD/freecad/FreeCAD/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
    linked by target "DriverUNV" in directory /home/alex/Documents/code/build_FreeCAD/freecad/FreeCAD/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
    linked by target "MEFISTO2" in directory /home/alex/Documents/code/build_FreeCAD/freecad/FreeCAD/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
    linked by target "NETGENPlugin" in directory /home/alex/Documents/code/build_FreeCAD/freecad/FreeCAD/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
    linked by target "SMDS" in directory /home/alex/Documents/code/build_FreeCAD/freecad/FreeCAD/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
    linked by target "SMESH" in directory /home/alex/Documents/code/build_FreeCAD/freecad/FreeCAD/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
    linked by target "SMESHDS" in directory /home/alex/Documents/code/build_FreeCAD/freecad/FreeCAD/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh
    linked by target "StdMeshers" in directory /home/alex/Documents/code/build_FreeCAD/freecad/FreeCAD/src/3rdParty/salomesmesh

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
I've attached my error log, where I see stuff about Q_WS_MAC but don't really understand the error output. If anyone has any advice, it would be very much appreciated!
Attachments
CMakeError.log
(5.83 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
agryson

Re: Build problem [Debian Jessie x64]

Post by agryson »

For those who come after:

My issue is still unknown, but the following fixed it.

1. Don't edit the script (I had commented out the git clone and used a symlink to my existing repo instead)
2. Run the script
3. Once built, feel free to remove the clone and add the symlink in /freecad/ to point to your existing repo
4.Continue living a healthy and happy life, the build will work fine

Why running a first build on the clean clone is necessary remains a mystery, but evidently there's something wrong between the user and the screen... While my issue is resolved, if anyone has any ideas as to how this happened, understanding it would be of great help.