linking a specific past dev version

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
emills2

linking a specific past dev version

Post by emills2 »

Is it possible to link a specific a specific version that has appeared on https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/releases?

The page says
@sgrogan sgrogan released this on Apr 9, 2016 · 3433 commits to master since this release
but the file links give builds for 0.17.10101 from feb 15, 2017

I have a set of tools that work on 0.17.9528, so i was wondering if there is a way to link to that directly. that way i could put a link in my tutorials and it will be possible for someone to get a functional setup.

there is nothing special about 0.17.9528 i just wish to have a setup where people can download a FreeCAD binary, download my workbench, and have the two be at the same version.

Ideally, i would just use the stable release, but i need some functionality from 0.17

Thanks!
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: linking a specific past dev version

Post by sgrogan »

emills2 wrote: I have a set of tools that work on 0.17.9528, so i was wondering if there is a way to link to that directly
I don't archive the developer builds, but it's easy enough to build a specific version. If you know the git hash (from About FreeCAD info) it will save me some leg work. Do you need x86 and x64?
"fight the good fight"
emills2

Re: linking a specific past dev version

Post by emills2 »

@sgrogan. thank you for offering, but i ended up fixing my tools. This is the better way, i just need to keep up with the dev branch :)

anyways, i still have my own copy for x64. I was asking in case they were archived some place i couldn't see them. I'll Start making it a habit to start my FreeCAD session by checking for new releases!

Thanks again.