Compiled version shows strange bug compared to release version

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
poserge

Compiled version shows strange bug compared to release version

Post by poserge »

Hi,

I'm trying to get git version running. It compiles fine on VC2013 using FreeCADLibs_11.5.2_x64_VC12 libpack.
When trying to use PartDesign feature like Pad or Revolve it crushes when I cancel the Parameter dialog.
I thought it's a bug but release version works fine. I've compiled the same git commit as release's but it still crushes.

Is it possible that libpack version is not right? I used to compile and run 0.17 Freecad many times before and never had any problem.

Thanks.
C++ beginner, willing to help FC with coding. Using FC for converting/decomposing STEP models into iges.
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Re: Compiled version shows strange bug compared to release version

Post by DeepSOIC »

Hi!
Just in case you haven't yet, try doing a clean build (or rebuild from scratch).
poserge

Post by poserge »

Magically it started to work, even though I built and rebuilt it several times, including fresh re-build with deleted cmake cache.. I've updated to most recent commit, maybe that helped, I don't know. Anyway, I'm happy :) Thanks!
C++ beginner, willing to help FC with coding. Using FC for converting/decomposing STEP models into iges.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

poserge wrote:Magically it started to work, even though I built and rebuilt it several times, including fresh re-build with deleted cmake cache.. I've updated to most recent commit, maybe that helped, I don't know. Anyway, I'm happy :) Thanks!
Just a thought, do you have multiple versions of OCC or some other lib, on your system and if so, could cake be finding the wrong one?