ana(conda) windows packaging

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
looo
Veteran

Re: ana(conda) windows packaging

Post by looo »

regarding the zlib-hdf5-libmed problem:
maybe this line has somehow involved: https://github.com/conda-forge/hdf5-fee ... bld.bat#L5

ps.: but I like how easy it is with conda to patch a package. Simple download the feedstock, try to solve a problem, if it succeed upload the package and create a PR. This way no time is lost. Simple use the manual build while waiting for the PR to be merged... Once the PR is merged one can simple delete the uploaded build.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

after a hard time with pyside, FreeCAD now starts building, but fails with a linking error:

Code: Select all

[53/2926] Linking CXX shared library bin\SMDS.dll
FAILED: bin/SMDS.dll lib/SMDS.lib
cmd.exe /C "cd . && C:\Users\fc_builder\Miniconda3\conda-bld\freecad_1490267738060\_b_env\Library\bi
n\cmake.exe -E vs_link_dll --intdir=src\3rdParty\salomesmesh\CMakeFiles\SMDS.dir --manifests  -- C:\
PROGRA~2\MICROS~1.0\VC\bin\amd64\link.exe /nologo @CMakeFiles/SMDS.rsp  /out:bin\SMDS.dll /implib:li
b\SMDS.lib /pdb:bin\SMDS.pdb /dll /version:0.0 /machine:x64 /NODEFAULTLIB /INCREMENTAL:NO   && cd ."

Bibliothek "lib\SMDS.lib" und Objekt "lib\SMDS.exp" werden erstellt.
SMDS_VtkCellIterator.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: Nicht aufgel÷stes externes Symbol "_purecall".
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

I haven't got to compiling yet, but I did get the configuration to work with the following changes.

1. Specify the generator with -G "%CMAKE_GENERATOR%" This solves the CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P problem.
2. Change FindCoin3d.cmake to look for coin4. (how did you get it to find coin?)
3. Remove netgen from the netgen include path (I see you have done this too)
3. Remove backslashes from PySideConfig-python3.5.cmake. I haven't started compiling, so I did't know the other changes you made were necessary.

I see you have switched to Ninja now, so I guess you don't have the CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P problem either.

I'll be able to look into the linker error this evening if you don't solve it before then.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

peterl94 wrote:1. Specify the generator with -G "%CMAKE_GENERATOR%" This solves the CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P problem.
good to know. I used ninja because there was no make ;). I assumed CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P is windows specific and simple set is to "":
update.: removed this line because it's solved by using ninja
2. Change FindCoin3d.cmake to look for coin4. (how did you get it to find coin?)
I did this too: https://github.com/looooo/FreeCAD_Conda ... coin.patch
3. Remove netgen from the netgen include path (I see you have done this too)
somehow with ninja it was not possible to detect c++11 availability. + changing the include path.
https://github.com/looooo/FreeCAD_Conda ... tgen.patch
3. Remove backslashes from PySideConfig-python3.5.cmake. I haven't started compiling, so I did't know the other changes you made were necessary.
Not every path in the pyside-config is properly applied. Therefor I have added a proper config file to the recipe which is copied at the beginning of the build: https://github.com/looooo/FreeCAD_Conda ... n3.5.cmake

I can live with this hack, as we will have to upgrade to pyside2 anyway...

ps.: updated because links have changed.
Last edited by looo on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Good news from the pyside issue we encountered. There is already a PR to solve it: https://github.com/conda-forge/pyside-f ... /issues/26
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

looo wrote:seems to be a similar issue:
Hmm yes. Maybe I'll try listing references for all of the dlls to make sure nothing is linked to VS 2013. I tried disabling all of the modules and gui, but I still get that error so something must be wrong with one of the core dependencies.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Trying to build the qt-feedstock isn't working either. @peterl94: what win version are you using? I am on win7.
I have the feeling also my previously encountered problems with zlibmed, hdf5, zlib could be related to this.
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

looo wrote:what win version are you using?
Windows 10. I was able to build qt4, python, and pyside without problems. My next theory is that it is a static/dynamic CRT mix-up. I'm going to see if I can use dumpbin.exe to check if any libs statically link the CRT.
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

I'm really at a loss for what to try next. My search for LIBCMT references turned up nothing.