New Mac OS X build! 0.14.3052

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: New Mac OS X build! 0.14.3052

Post by sgrogan »

saabman wrote:FC starts but when trying to create a new document FC Unexpectaly quits - 0.15 works OK
Hello saabman! Welcome to FreeCAD and the forum :)
Can you post your complete FreeCAD info as explained here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2264
There have been a couple of backports to the 0.16 release branch, at least one that was related to an OSX crash.
Also, I don't know how to do either on OSX, but can you start FreeCAD from a terminal and paste the contents after the crash, or even better yet start /FreeCAD with gdb and provide the stack trace after the crash.
"fight the good fight"
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

@ luis@rosety.com, saabman

You are replying to a 2-year old topic that was specifically about a now obsolete version of FreeCAD (0.14.3052).

It would be best to create a new topic relevant to the latest available version, 0.16.6704.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

There is a link from the download page http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... A_packages to this old post in the section "Notes for Mac users" in the line "You can follow the topic dedicate to Mac on the forum". I think it should be removed.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Thanks Chris, I wondered how they kept digging up this dead topic!

I updated the notes for Mac users and deleted the link to this topic.