Announcement: new LibPacks are available

Having trouble installing or compiling FreeCAD? Get help here.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
microelly2
Veteran

Re: Announcement: new LibPacks are available

Post by microelly2 »

I have added the Drawing Dimension Workbench viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8395

My built works fine on my machine whre I have compiled freecad, but
when I run it on another win 7 computer and want to start this workbench I get an error:
Fehler beim Generieren des Aktivierungskontextes für "M:\freecad_v5\bin\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\multiarray.pyd". Die abhängige Assemblierung "Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8"" konnte nicht gefunden werden. Verwenden Sie für eine detaillierte Diagnose das Programm "sxstrace.exe".
I have installed visual studio runtime on that computer too.
I have absolutly no idea what happens.
StefanHamminga

Post by StefanHamminga »

Hi all,

I've been experimenting with FreeCAD for a while now and while building on Linux was easy, Windows wasn't as practical. With the new LibPack things got a lot easier and I got it working well. I've done a short writeup on the process on my blog, for those who are interested:

https://prjct.net/mechanical/building-f ... ndows.html
My hobby projects: prjct.net | My work: Scrobby Robotics EngIT Solutions
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Hi Stefan,

some comments to your blog.

What you need to have installed
Python 2 for Windows
You don't need to have a separate Python installation. When using the libpack it's sufficient to add the path to its bin directory to the system path.
KiCAD LibPack 11.0 x86_64 VC12
I guess you meant FreeCAD, not KiCAD.
The bin directory needs to be copied to C:\FreeCad\build. After this we need to dump the whole contents of the library pack directory in the source directory: C:\FreeCAD\FreeCADLibs_11.0_x64_VC12\* to C:\FreeCAD\freecad_master\.
See above. When the libpack's bin directory is in the system path you don't have to copy a single file.

In the splash screen revision number and build date is "Unknown". This happens because git is not part of the system path. This is needed because at build time git is used to count the number of commits and the date of the last commit. After adding git to the system path you have to delete the file Version.h which is somewhere in the build directory. Rerun cmake configure to re-create that file.
shoogen
Veteran

Post by shoogen »

wmayer wrote:In the splash screen revision number and build date is "Unknown". This happens because git is not part of the system path.
I'd like to keep out of my system path. Usually I start the cmake-gui from the git bash, to have git in the search path.
StefanHamminga

Post by StefanHamminga »

Actually, the same for me, I have a Python install in my system path, but I surely don't want the whole LibPack there. That's why I chose this approach.

Thanks for pointing out the KiCad/FreeCAD slipup, I've corrected it.

Having Git in my system path caused some trouble for other applications in the past, that's why I don't include it. The suggestion to start CMake GUI from the Git Bash prompt is a nice on though, I'm going to try that next time around.

Next up is adding Collada support, when I get to it.
My hobby projects: prjct.net | My work: Scrobby Robotics EngIT Solutions