Fasteners workbench based on screw-maker

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
shaise

Re: Fasteners workbench based on screw-maker

Post by shaise »

triplus wrote: How i usually do batch operations is to do multi-select and after change appropriate property. I am not saying this is how it should be done but this is how i usually do it.
Same here.
Added to todo list.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi
thanks Ulrich Brammer and your beautiful work
give me your latest version from errors only three objects are good
Fasteners workbench based on screw-maker00.png
Fasteners workbench based on screw-maker00.png (9.17 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
same error for alls
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\FreeCAD 0.15\Mod\Fasteners\FastenersCmd.py", line 82, in execute
d = screwMaker.AutoDiameter(fp.type, shape, baseobj)
File "C:\Program Files\FreeCAD 0.15\Mod\Fasteners\ScrewMaker.py", line 98, in AutoDiameter
if baseobj.Name.startswith("Washer"):
<type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Name'

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
shaise

Post by shaise »

Hi Mario,

You are right! sorry...
please use latest version from github or from here: http://theseger.com/projects/wp-content ... 0.2.09.zip
let me know if it solved the problem.

shai
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi shaise
all is well thanks
mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

shaise wrote:
triplus wrote: How i usually do batch operations is to do multi-select and after change appropriate property. I am not saying this is how it should be done but this is how i usually do it.
Same here.
Added to todo list.
Good to hear that.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I thinks this was mentioned in the past but i am not sure what you have decided to do. It would be great if there would be a tool and once pressed it would create new spreadsheet and add bill of materials (BOM) in it. There is no need for being "in sync" after the creation of BOM but if the same fasteners would be grouped that would be great. For example Nut XY 10 pieces instead of listing all 10 pieces individually.

What do you think?
shaise

Post by shaise »

triplus wrote:I thinks this was mentioned in the past but i am not sure what you have decided to do. It would be great if there would be a tool and once pressed it would create new spreadsheet and add bill of materials (BOM) in it. There is no need for being "in sync" after the creation of BOM but if the same fasteners would be grouped that would be great. For example Nut XY 10 pieces instead of listing all 10 pieces individually.

What do you think?
Sounds like a good idea. However I'm not all that familiar with FC spreadsheet system (both as a user and a programmer) so I have to take a look on it and see if its something I can get into.
I will add it to the todo list anyway.
ulrich1a
Veteran

Post by ulrich1a »

shaise wrote:Sounds like a good idea. However I'm not all that familiar with FC spreadsheet system (both as a user and a programmer) so I have to take a look on it and see if its something I can get into.
You may have a look into the macro posted here: viewtopic.php?t=10463#p84183

In this macro I added the generated parts to a bill of materials in a spreadsheet. Though, it gets the parts list from the internal macro-variables and not from the Document-objects.

Ulrich
shaise

Post by shaise »

ulrich1a wrote: You may have a look into the macro posted here: viewtopic.php?t=10463#p84183
Ulrich
Thanks Ulrich, Its very helpful.
shaise

Post by shaise »

Hi All,

I have added a new toolbar command that lets you batch-change several fastener parameters of all selected items.
To use it, select all fasteners you want to change (all must be of similar type like screws, washers etc.) then press the Gear icon. A task dialog will open letting you change parameters:
BatchChange.png
BatchChange.png (32.93 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
If you find any bugs, let me know through this thread or open an issue in github.
new workbench: http://theseger.com/projects/wp-content ... 0.2.10.zip
source: https://github.com/shaise/FreeCAD_FastenersWB

Triplus,

If you want now to readjust existing screw diameter make sure the matching toggle icon is in the desired mode, select all appropriate screws, then click the Gear icon (batch change command). In the batch change dialog click 'Auto calculate diameter' then OK. All selected screws will be recalculated according to the current matching mode.

shai