colors in IGES

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
cbernardo

colors in IGES

Post by cbernardo »

Every IGES model I load into FreeCAD is rendered in a uniform gray, which is obviously not good for visualization. Most MCADs associate the trimmed parametric surface (Entity Type 144) with a predefined color (color = 1..8 in the Type 144's Directory Entry) or with a Color Definition Entity (Type 314). So for my wishlist I'd like to see FreeCAD make use of that color association when loading an IGES model.
drei

Re: colors in IGES

Post by drei »

cbernardo,
Feature requests should go the bug tracker. Issue the ticket here please.
Need help? Feel free to ask, but please read the guidelines first
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

cbernardo wrote:Every IGES model I load into FreeCAD is rendered in a uniform gray, which is obviously not good for visualization. Most MCADs associate the trimmed parametric surface (Entity Type 144) with a predefined color (color = 1..8 in the Type 144's Directory Entry) or with a Color Definition Entity (Type 314). So for my wishlist I'd like to see FreeCAD make use of that color association when loading an IGES model.
If the IGES model you are importing has colors go to Part WB and under Part -> Import CAD... test the IGES with colors option.
cbernardo

Post by cbernardo »

Thanks triplus - I see colors now. I had to build FreeCAD from source; Debian is a few years slow as usual.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

cbernardo wrote:Thanks triplus - I see colors now. I had to build FreeCAD from source; Debian is a few years slow as usual.
You're welcome.