Quick61 Hits A Milestone.

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
quick61
Veteran

Re: Quick61 Hits A Milestone.

Post by quick61 »

yorik wrote:Congrats quick! Very impressive "age" ;)
Thank you Yourk, for both the comment and for your continued efforts with FreeCAD.

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi quick61
you have earned the freecad gold medal for services rendered to the community FreeCAD
FreeCAD_Gold_medal.png
FreeCAD_Gold_medal.png (4.34 KiB) Viewed 1395 times
many thanks

ps : when will the distinctions beside the user name as some forum
mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

mario52 wrote:hi quick61
you have earned the freecad gold medal for services rendered to the community FreeCAD
FreeCAD_Gold_medal.png
many thanks

ps : when will the distinctions beside the user name as some forum
mario
Thank you Mario. :)

Normand brought that up some time back, like creating a new group and color for Geeks or contributors or some such. I think the idea came and went with more pressing things going on at the time.

Mark
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

If someone wants to search on the net and find a more or less easy way to add these "medals" on a phpbb forum (a plugin, for example), we can implement it.
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

yorik wrote:If someone wants to search on the net and find a more or less easy way to add these "medals" on a phpbb forum (a plugin, for example), we can implement it.
Maybe this - https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ranks-v3x/

Edit - Looking over that page, maybe creating a rank for contributors or whatnot might be worth looking at. Providing some sort of acknowledgement to those that have continued contributions to the forum and/or FreeCAD code might be nice. Maybe even granting some sort of special privileges, like a few extra attachments per post, a bit larger attachment size, etc., might not be a bad idea. Also you administrators could assign an image like 8-) :geek: :ugeek: as a ranking system among those contributors. Just some thoughts, take or leave 'em, it's all shiny.

Mark
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

quick61 wrote:The amazing thing is, I have actually managed to help a person or two in and amongst those 3000 posts
I'm one of those you've helped! Thank You for all your help and congrats on the milestone!
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

bejant wrote:
quick61 wrote:The amazing thing is, I have actually managed to help a person or two in and amongst those 3000 posts
I'm one of those you've helped! Thank You for all your help and congrats on the milestone!
Thanks bejant! And I seem to remember you helping a few folks along the way as well. (along with keeping me straight about a few things)

A few more posts and you'll be here too. :shock:

Mark
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi
yorik wrote:If someone wants to search on the net and find a more or less easy way to add these "medals" on a phpbb forum (a plugin, for example), we can implement it.
here with stars http://www.tipocode.com/jquery/very-pre ... -tutorial/
mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

With this gratuitous post, I have hit the 3000 mark.
This might be wrong, perhaps the shift key doesn' work properly. The correct version could be: "With this gratuitous post, I have hit the 3000 Mark." To keep things short, we could define one mark as a unit having the value of let's say 3000 posts.

Your help is always appreciated. I admire your knowledge as well as your ability to present it and your patience with (for example my) newbee questions.

Thank you for being here!
Chris
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

quick61 wrote:A few more posts and you'll be here too.
It will be a while; I'll still be scarce here for another month or so...
chrisb wrote:To keep things short, we could define one mark as a unit having the value of let's say 3000 posts.
Yes, but only for Anglo-Saxon or U.S. Customary units. :lol: