[SOLVED] BUG: Interface freezing on details with non-planar surfaces (cylinder, sphere, etc.))

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: BUG: Interface freezing on details with non-planar surfaces (cylinder, sphere, etc.))

Post by triplus »

Phazeus wrote:
triplus wrote:What is the procedure on openSUSE to get up to date development release of FreeCAD? Did you compile it? Or installed from somewhere?
Just install last release from Packman repository. I has try install other version from other repository, but same result... On other system this versions works fine (on other more old version of system).
Yes i have a feeling this is issue related to:
After system update
From older version of openSUSE to Tumbleweed? What i would do first is to try it out on fresh openSUSE Tumbleweed installation. For example by using VirtualBox. If it would work probably something went wrong with OS upgrading. If it would not work you could try to compile FreeCAD manually as probably there is something wrong with the package you installed.
Phazeus

Re: BUG: Interface freezing on details with non-planar surfaces (cylinder, sphere, etc.))

Post by Phazeus »

On other Tumbleweed (similar OS version) all works fine. The problem in my own installation only :(
Made by STEELLINUX.DO.AM (make your penguin flying :D )
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Phazeus wrote:On other Tumbleweed (similar OS version) all works fine. The problem in my own installation only :(
Yes. What you could try is to remove FreeCAD completely (plus the .cfg files) and try to install it again. If that won't work i am afraid your OS upgrade phase didn't go as planed and that will need to get fixed first.
Phazeus

Post by Phazeus »

Yes, I has remove all with configs and reinstall again. The same result :(
I'll try to reinstall OS ...
Phazeus

Post by Phazeus »

Problem was solved with deleting ".profile" file from home directory with next content:
export LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
export LC_ALL=ru_RU.UTF-8
After deleting this file all works fine :)
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Phazeus wrote:Problem was solved with deleting ".profile" file from home directory with next content:
export LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
Thanks for reporting it. Can you reproduce it? To add back the changes you deleted and for FreeCAD to start having the issue again? If yes that would make a nice bug report on issue tracker.
wmayer
Founder

Re: [SOLVED] BUG: Interface freezing on details with non-planar surfaces (cylinder, sphere, etc.))

Post by wmayer »

issue #2018
Problem was solved with deleting ".profile" file from home directory with next content:
Deleting this file may have an impact on other applications. Alternatively, you can write a shell script which does:

Code: Select all

export LANG=C
export LC_ALL=C

# start FreeCAD
Phazeus

Post by Phazeus »

triplus wrote:
Phazeus wrote:Problem was solved with deleting ".profile" file from home directory with next content:
export LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
Thanks for reporting it. Can you reproduce it? To add back the changes you deleted and for FreeCAD to start having the issue again? If yes that would make a nice bug report on issue tracker.
Yes, when I creates this file again, FreeCAD don't loading project again.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Phazeus wrote:
triplus wrote:
export LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
Yes, when I creates this file again, FreeCAD don't loading project again.
Thanks for confirming and i see issue report was already raised. Hopefully solution will be found soon. Until then indeed it makes sense to leave the file intact and to start FreeCAD in a way Werner suggested.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: [SOLVED] BUG: Interface freezing on details with non-planar surfaces (cylinder, sphere, etc.))

Post by Kunda1 »

The forum thread is labelled '[SOLVED]' and yet issue #2018 is still open. Is it solved because of the workaround ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs