Constrain Solver for Freecad

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
peterh

Constrain Solver for Freecad

Post by peterh »

I just wanted to point you guys in the direction of an open-source constraint solving library that appears to be compatible with opencascade. The url is http://code.google.com/p/sketchsolve/
jriegel
Founder

Re: Constrain Solver for Freecad

Post by jriegel »

Very interesting! I will test that and make contact to the developer.
The license is very good for us!!

Jürgen
Stop whining - start coding!
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Hehe, one of the developers is Dan Heeks, cool!!!!
geo01005

Post by geo01005 »

Hey guys, Sketchsolve is my project. It is the constraint solver using in HeeksCAD. The most current version of the code is in the HeeksCAD project. I'll have to clean up the code and get the new version back in the the SketchSolve svn.

I plan to redo the internals of SketchSolve soon so that it is faster and more accurate. I would love to see SketchSolve in the FreeCAD Project. I also plan to make a demo application showing what SketchSolve can do for one of my classes before December. I don't know if I'll have time to do it though.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Hi,
I plan to redo the internals of SketchSolve soon so that it is faster and more accurate. I would love to see SketchSolve in the FreeCAD Project. I also plan to make a demo application showing what SketchSolve can do for one of my classes before December. I don't know if I'll have time to do it though.
WOW, that would be really great!

Cheers,
Werner
jriegel
Founder

Post by jriegel »

Hi,
thats really great!

Don't bother to much with cleaning up, we can also use the code in HeeksCAD for the beginning.

Do you think you will change the interface? If it stays roughly the same we can work in parallel
and till December I have integrated it into FreeCAD and to our 3D front end Coin3D.

Jürgen
Stop whining - start coding!