Tracker going down for maintenance at 0200 UTC Thurs Feb 16th

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Tracker going down for maintenance at 0200 UTC Thurs Feb 16th

Post by kkremitzki »

It looks like linking to pull requests not working is an upstream bug; he just needs to merge recent updates on master into the Mantis 2.x branch, so hopefully that'll be resolved soon.

The password reset email HTML issue was resolved by @kunda1, nice find! It was the BBCode2 plugin with a "process emails" setting that needed disabled.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

I discovered another minor issue. The reports that Mantis sends via email have a broken layout now. For each end of a line there are two newlines now and the underline "======================================================================" is now split into three lines and look like this
=========================
====================

The reports look pretty tattered now.

I don't think it's caused by a setting in my email client because old reports still look good. Any ideas?
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

wmayer wrote:I discovered another minor issue. The reports that Mantis sends via email have a broken layout now. For each end of a line there are two newlines now and the underline "======================================================================" is now split into three lines and look like this
====================

The reports look pretty tattered now.

I don't think it's caused by a setting in my email client because old reports still look good. Any ideas?
Are you referring to the emails generated based on the settings in the user's Preferences, e.g. "Email on new", "Email on closed", etc.? The last email I got from tracker@freecadweb.org was one of these and it looks alright.

I'm using Thunderbird, and the emails look normal in the HTML and simple text viewer, but when I view source I see something similar to what you describe:
email.png
email.png (68.54 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
What client are you using?
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Are you referring to the emails generated based on the settings in the user's Preferences, e.g. "Email on new", "Email on closed", etc.?
Exactly.
Thunderbird, too. It's version 45.7.0 under Ubuntu 12.04.

By default I have the setting to display as pure text. But changing to Original HTML or Simplified HTML doesn't make a difference.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

wmayer wrote:
Are you referring to the emails generated based on the settings in the user's Preferences, e.g. "Email on new", "Email on closed", etc.?
Exactly.
Thunderbird, too. It's version 45.7.0 under Ubuntu 12.04.

By default I have the setting to display as pure text. But changing to Original HTML or Simplified HTML doesn't make a difference.
I found this bug upstream which describes a workaround for an issue that seems to be the same. I implemented it and the messages look normal to me now when I do "view message source". Are they fixed for you?
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

I found this bug upstream which describes a workaround for an issue that seems to be the same. I implemented it and the messages look normal to me now when I do "view message source".
Thanks for looking at this issue.
Are they fixed for you?
I have to wait until somebody makes a status change in one of the tickets I am involved in. If I do it the system doesn't generate the email.