Tracker going down for maintenance at 0200 UTC Thurs Feb 16th

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

Tracker going down for maintenance at 0200 UTC Thurs Feb 16th

Post by kkremitzki »

That's in about an hour. I'll be doing the upgrade to MantisBT 2.1. It should take no more than 30 mins.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Tracker going down for maintenance at 0200 UTC Thurs Feb 16th

Post by kkremitzki »

It's back up! Let me know if you see any issues.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Cool look! Very nice work Kurt!

But I see a big issue already: formerly the Bug tracker had an ISSUES menu that contained "Report an issue", but over it there was a "Read first before reporting" entry that was linking to the forum's Bug submission guidelines announcement. It's now gone.

It is essential that there be guidelines shown because already too many people write up poor quality reports.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Another one: attachments appear missing in

issue #2717
issue #2522
issue #2642
issue #2745
issue #2441

This appears to be a generalized problem with attachments.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

NormandC wrote:Cool look! Very nice work Kurt!

But I see a big issue already: formerly the Bug tracker had an ISSUES menu that contained "Report an issue", but over it there was a "Read first before reporting" entry that was linking to the forum's Bug submission guidelines announcement. It's now gone.

It is essential that there be guidelines shown because already too many people write up poor quality reports.
Yep, so the way that the custom menus work has changed in MantisBT 2.x... I re-enabled that setting on the staging environment at https://freecad.kwkengineering.com/trac ... w_page.php so you can take a look and see how it behaves now. I can re-enable that in production but it just seems less effective, and there may be better MantisBT 2.x ways of handling this, like adding a custom warning to the Report Issue page (similar to what you see in the "Help on using FreeCAD" forum.)

Also the attachments issue should be fixed now.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Thanks! Need to log out, will come back tomorrow.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Here is the tracker issue about having a template for issues: https://freecadweb.org/tracker/view.php?id=2846

The FreeCAD theme is currently set up as a plugin so right now we can include something like the following in freecad.js to get custom behavior on the Report Issue page:

Code: Select all

var pageTitle = $(document).attr("title");
if (pageTitle === "Report Issue - FreeCAD Tracker") {
  $("#description").attr("placeholder", "Description placeholder text goes here.");
}
Other solutions are generally possible, e.g. we could save an HTML snippet consisting of a big red warning box and link somewhere on the site, request it, and insert it into the correct spot in the page whenever the "Report Issue" title is detected.

If you see what the "read this before reporting" link looks like in staging, I think you'll agree that a new solution is needed. I can implement any of the stuff I mentioned. It's just a matter of what y'all want and decide upon.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

There is an issue with tickets that have attached images not displaying. FYI the location of the attachement has also changes where they are now appended to the point in the thread where they are introduced and not how they used to show above the thread activity section.
I think we may need to increase the size threshold of attached images in order to view automatically on page load.

We need to test the source-integration plugin it has been updated to use 2.0 Doesn't look like it's fully working properly yet
https://freecadweb.org/tracker/view.php?id=2881#c8321
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Is there a way to change the layout? Currently the information about a posting takes 3/4 of the space while the actual message only gets 1/4.
Attachments
mantis_layout.png
mantis_layout.png (37.59 KiB) Viewed 2113 times
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

After logging out/in it's fixed now.