Bugtracker recent changes

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Bugtracker recent changes

Post by Kunda1 »

@fab thx mate!
kkremitzki wrote:...
@kkremitzki thx for all the work so far as well. What I need:
1. Please add a Part project, I don't have privs to do so.
2. ETA on updating the changeset ?

Thx!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Thanks for the hard work guys!

I wouldn't worry too muvh about different IDs and broken links for now, it will only affect the most recent bugs, there shouldn't be many...
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Still making sure no older tickets that were updated during the event are missing data.
Cheers, Kunda
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

kkrimitzki wrote:...
Todo:
1. Add Part category
2. If possible, sync changeset for mantis with git repo.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Some attachments didn't survive backup like:
.py files: issue #1837
.ods files: issue #2832
.png files: issue #2542
.FCMacro files: issue #2542
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Kunda1 wrote:
Todo:
1. Add Part category
In addition to the above, the mantis plugin that chronologically merges ticket notes with ticket history needs to be re-enabled
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Kunda1 wrote:
Kunda1 wrote:
Todo:
1. Add Part category
In addition to the above, the mantis plugin that chronologically merges ticket notes with ticket history needs to be re-enabled
I disabled it because that plugin (https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/inline-history) is not officially working with MantisBT 2.x; it seemed to mostly work, but recently I noticed that it was breaking the "My Account" page as well as the admin user management panel.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Is this the plug-in that added changesets to a ticket when the commit includes the text #issue or #fixes? The last entry was from May 27, but since then no new entries have been added by the system.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

wmayer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:14 pm Is this the plug-in that added changesets to a ticket when the commit includes the text #issue or #fixes? The last entry was from May 27, but since then no new entries have been added by the system.
No, the plugin in question is the one that interleaved the status changes of a ticket in between the comments so as to make a unified timeline.

The Git integration plugin is the one you're referring to and has been performing pretty inconsistently for a while. One key issue is that importing FreeCAD's git repo into the database hits the web request timeout, so we have a semi-broken base to begin with. Another issue is that troubleshooting things via phpMyAdmin and FTP is a bit of a pain.

Even just now, I went to go and manually import the latest commits only, and it gave me a web server timeout error page. However, the commits seem to have made it.

It may be possible to change some settings via a php.ini or .htaccess and get better performance/resolve the issue but ultimately I've kinda given up trying to troubleshoot the git integration plugin right now.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Thanks for the detailed explanation.