Bugtracker recent changes

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Bugtracker recent changes

Post by Kunda1 »

It looks General 'FreeCAD' category was removed recently from the bugtracker and with it in my estimation over 200 open tickets. Was this done purposefully?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
raulshc

Re: Bugtracker recent changes

Post by raulshc »

I can't see them; looking for the issues I reported a few days ago I see that they don't appear. They were in the FreeCAD category...
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Yikes... this is almost certainly related to https://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/view.php?id=2845 where I created a new Part project. Somehow, the whole project ID (#4) and all associated issues are no longer in the database. They're not even inactivated, just gone! Luckily there's a backup at freecad.io/tracker that is from a couple of weeks ago, so a manual restore of those issues and the project should be possible.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

It's very weird... look at the activity on this bug:
https://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/view.php?id=2969

and compare it to the one I linked above which shows when I made the changes.

I wonder if it's at all related to this: http://www.mantisbt.org/blog/?p=518
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Jrigel account has been active on other bugs as well but in the same way, unassigning bug to no category. I also had to reset my account because I couldn't log in. We may have been compromised I think.
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

hehe i also was under the impression that some bugs had suddenly vanished..
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

The roadmap is all different now as well.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Kunda1 wrote:We may have been compromised I think.
Ouch :?

I'm afraid you may be right, I doubt Jriegel who hasn't been active for 18 months would start editing bug reports out of the blue... when such edits hardly make sense.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

It's hard to say for sure if it was someone doing it maliciously; for example the Github integration plugin can generate "wmayer" history lines automatically on merged commits. Regardless that vulnerability was patched. Unfortunately it comes at a really bad time of the year for me to fix the issue with finals and projects coming due.

It is possible, but not straightforward or easy, to manually restore the lost issue reports, projects, etc., from the backup, but I probably won't have time to work on it until this weekend...

I also need to investigate in a new test environment whether the project changes I made had anything to do with this. It may have been a MantisBT bug that was only triggered when that section of the admin interface was used.

Times like this make me wish there were some other people willing & able to help out with sysadmin stuff here.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

If things didn't progress further updating Mantis to latest version and changing the password for users with administration powers should be the first step? As for the rest i guess when the time permits it can be investigated further? Restoring the backup should fix the lost issues problem. As for potentially loosing some of the new ones currently not in the backup. Well things like that happen and i guess plenty of other issues left in the backup.
Kunda1 wrote:Jrigel account has been active on other bugs as well but in the same way, unassigning bug to no category. I also had to reset my account because I couldn't log in. We may have been compromised I think.
Can the account be temporally suspended by other admins?